PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
01-05-2015, 8:31 AM
5 Jan 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
Welcome to a new year (2015).!!!!!

Nothing much to report from me as I got back from Alabama last night. We left last Friday to go visit my mother and have Christmas with her, help around her house on Saturday, and then head home on Sunday so one of my sons could get to work at his job by 5 PM Sunday. It was a whirlwind trip, but it was good to visit with mom again and I need to go visit her more often....that's my choice of self improvements for 2015.

That's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks and new years for each of you.!!!!

Charles Taylor
01-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Happy new year!

Not just last weekend but most of last week I spent building some cabinets for more storage and organization in the workshop. Took part in the taking down and putting away of Christmas decorations. Watched my Crimson Tide go down in flames to a much more motivated Ohio State.

Dropped in a new telephone jack in order to relocate our cable modem, which was followed by an afternoon of troubleshooting. It turned out the two pairs of wires (conventional residential telephone jacks, as you know, can support two or even three discrete lines) had been jumpered together somewhere in the house. The cable modem, which supplies our telephone service, absolutely could not cope with the two lines joined together.

My woodworking for the past several weeks has been confined to the building of plywood boxes--cabinet carcasses, drawers, and shelving units. I'm anxious to get back to something that isn't simply utilitarian.

Shawn Pixley
01-05-2015, 11:08 AM
I have been off for two weeks now so weekends blur into the week. I got LOML a hydraulic press for christmas. She decided she needs a stand for it. So after I walked the dogs Saturday morning, I built her a table for the press. I got everything done but the milk paint. Yesterday I worked on my guitar build after the milk paint went on the table. I have the edge binding done on the guitar. Now on to the finishing. I'll post pictures after work.