PDA

View Full Version : Best metal spinning class??

Roger Feeley
01-03-2015, 8:09 PM
My wife and I are traveling to England this July for a concert at the O2. I've always been interested in metal spinning and I note that there is a place in Halifax that advertises classes in the art. To my knowledge, there are two places here in the states that also offer classes. The Marc Adams School advertises something and there is a place in Louisiana MO that offers classes.

We live in Kansas City so the MO class would be the least expensive. But I kind of like the notion of coming back from a major vacation with a new skill.

I wonder if any Creekers out there know of any other places I might learn to spin.

Thanks

Steve Schlumpf
01-03-2015, 11:23 PM
Roger, I am not too familiar with what the schools have to offer but I did attend a metal spinning demo at the 2013 Ohio symposium. The demonstrator was very good and just happens to be a member of the Creek; Dale Miner (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?17797-Dale-Miner). Send a PM to Dale and see what he has to suggest.

Perry Holbrook
01-04-2015, 8:18 AM
I took a weekend class at John C Campbell a few years ago. Excellent class. I just looked at their schedule and don't see it offered this year.

Perry