PDA

View Full Version : Wiffle Cube, kind of a fun little project.

Bill Huber
01-03-2015, 4:23 PM
I was just looking around on You Tube and saw how to make a Wiffle Cube and being I had no other project going I decided to make one or two.

I have NO idea what I will do with them or what I could use them for, maybe a candle holder or something but they are neat.
It does take a little time and you have to have things set up right or they will just not go together very well.

The first one is made out of MDF, just testing the set up and the other 2 are real wood. They are about 4" point to point and 3 1/2" across. I don't know what the wood is, it was just a board someone gave me and it has been in the shop for the last 2 years.

303309 303310

David Nelson1
01-04-2015, 6:31 AM
That does look like fun especially if you add a layer of difficulty like sticking a smaller version inside!

Bill Huber
01-04-2015, 8:53 AM
David, the one thing is the set up, making this thing is really a good exercise in setting up your table saw. The 45° edges, the 90° sides and making sure that each square is square.

If you don't get the saw set up just right they will not go together very well, well that is what I have been told.:rolleyes:

Tom Ewell
01-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Gee thanks Bill, the wife saw your little cubes and hinted (strongly) that every relative I have needs to have one for next Christmas.
Have to admit tho', they are pretty cool.

Art Mann
01-04-2015, 12:41 PM
This must be the Youtube video you watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHtiinH2E40

Not only was the project interesting but the video editor did a nice job of making the video interesting without being too long.

Thanks for sharing that little gem.

Kevin Womer
01-04-2015, 1:33 PM
Thanks Bill,
I took a look at this video and it looks like a fun project as well as an opportunity to make plenty of gifts for people!
Kevin