PDA

View Full Version : New Year Resolution

Rich Riddle
01-02-2015, 5:20 PM
Mine is to attempt an increase in patience. What's yours?

Chris Damm
01-02-2015, 6:21 PM
Not to make any New Year Resolutions! I've kept it for over 50 years.

Mark Bolton
01-02-2015, 7:00 PM
waste less water and ice

Jim Koepke
01-02-2015, 8:10 PM
My resolution is to change our car's oil in mid summer.

Changed it today in the cold weather. Actually it was warmer today than yesterday, today topped out at about 35º. I know for some of you that is a heat wave, but it still isn't comfortable under a car.

Noticed after changing and marking down the milage that it was January 2014 when I last changed the oil. We do not do a lot of driving. Figure even if it is early on changing the oil, it can be done every year when it is comfortably warm.

jtk

Frederick Skelly
01-02-2015, 8:42 PM
Mine is to stop buying tools, especially planes.

(Got a strong hunch I cant keep this one.)

Bill Orbine
01-02-2015, 9:25 PM
Mine is to stop buying tools, especially planes.

(Got a strong hunch I cant keep this one.)

Well, in that case...... I resolve to buy more tools! That something I can KEEP!:D

Moses Yoder
01-03-2015, 8:25 AM
I understand why people make New Year's resolutions, it is just something I have learned not to do myself. December 31 is really no different from January 1. My sister's friend resolved to quit smoking this year so he was enjoying his last cigarettes this weekend. I am not sure how he is going to quit smoking now if he can't quit on December 12. I don't really care one way or another, I am just saying a New Year's resolution seems strange to me. I have occasionally made them in the past and they lasted about 2 days.

Rod Sheridan
01-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Mine is to attempt an increase in patience. What's yours?

To spend more time in the shop this year...........Rod

ken masoumi
01-03-2015, 10:45 AM
December 31 is really no different from January 1. My sister's friend resolved to quit smoking this year. I am not sure how he is going to quit smoking now if he can't quit on December 12.
Maybe because more than 88% of new year's resolution is going to fail,lol,any other time of the year has a more serious connotation when one decides to quit smoking.

Chuck Wintle
01-03-2015, 11:18 AM
I have no idea since resolutions are like puffs of smoke in the wind.

Michael Weber
01-03-2015, 11:23 AM
To stop spending so much time online reading woodworking forums. Oh well.