PDA

View Full Version : Kia Sedona

Bob Rufener
01-02-2015, 3:19 PM
My wife and I bought a condo in southwest FL to get away from the coolllllldddd winter months in Wisconsin. We are considering buying a vehicle in Florida, leaving it there, and flying back and forth. We can fly as cheaply as driving and save a lot of time, wear and tear on the car and on the drivers. We have talked about getting an older mini van. I have been looking at vehicles and it seems like a Kia Sedona looks very affordable with a 2005 going for around $3,000. I don't know much about Kia and am looking for anyone who has experience with this model and our thoughts about it regarding reliability, quality, etc. Are there years to avoid or things to watch out for? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

thomas hsieh
01-02-2015, 6:56 PM
If your going get a Kia, get one 2009 and up.

Jim Matthews
01-02-2015, 7:43 PM
Not for nothing, but how much time will you spend in Florida each Winter?

Long term rental might be less trouble.
No storage worries, insurance or repairs to manage.

Florida is hard on cars, particularly tires and rubber parts.

Chuck Wintle
01-03-2015, 11:15 AM
My wife and I bought a condo in southwest FL to get away from the coolllllldddd winter months in Wisconsin. We are considering buying a vehicle in Florida, leaving it there, and flying back and forth. We can fly as cheaply as driving and save a lot of time, wear and tear on the car and on the drivers. We have talked about getting an older mini van. I have been looking at vehicles and it seems like a Kia Sedona looks very affordable with a 2005 going for around $3,000. I don't know much about Kia and am looking for anyone who has experience with this model and our thoughts about it regarding reliability, quality, etc. Are there years to avoid or things to watch out for? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I would go with a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla as both are very reliable and good on gas.. Plus if you need to sell it they hold their value. Kia are noce but do not hold the value like Honda or Toyota. JMHO.

Jerome Stanek
01-03-2015, 12:08 PM
I would go with a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla as both are very reliable and good on gas.. Plus if you need to sell it they hold their value. Kia are noce but do not hold the value like Honda or Toyota. JMHO.

He wants something cheap and reliable. Like you said a Honda holds it's value but costs a lot more to begin with. I don't think he could get that year Honda for $4000

David Drickhamer
01-03-2015, 11:58 PM
My wife has a 2005 Sedona and loves it. We've never had a bit of trouble with it.

Andrew Kertesz
01-04-2015, 7:06 AM
If you go with the Kia make sure to check that ALL scheduled maintenance has been done to keep the warranties in place. I missed a belt change on mine that was due at 50K miles by 100 miles. They would not back date it so to speak so that ended that portion of the warranty, and the service was almost $600. Personally I would not by another Kia, my experience after the sale dealing with the service advisers and service manager was horrendous. Cadillac dealership is in the same family and I hear the same horror stories so it may just be a local thing.

Rich Engelhardt
01-04-2015, 8:29 AM
My wife just traded her 2011 Kia Forte in. She had 51,000 nearly flawless miles on it.
The only two blemishes on the car's record were caused by the dealer.

The Forte itself was a pleasant surprise as far as reliability and overall workmanship.
Every bit the equal of Honda in reliability and much better in workmanship and value.

Dave Zellers
01-04-2015, 3:28 PM
We have a 2011 Sorento. LOVE it. Zero problems and the local dealership is wonderful. Following the scheduled maintenance is important for every vehicle. The dealer calls us when it's time for something- almost always covered by the warranty.