PDA

View Full Version : Beats By Dr. Dre

Clark Pace
01-01-2015, 2:09 PM
Hello,

Any have an idea what plasic the bands are made off? And have you engraved something similar ? Thanks

Bert Kemp
01-01-2015, 8:38 PM
???What plastic??? what bands???:confused:

Michele Welch
01-01-2015, 8:50 PM
???What plastic??? what bands???:confused:

Bert - he put it in his post heading - Beats by Dr. Dre

Bill George
01-02-2015, 8:00 AM
So without doing a Google like I did, would it not be simpler just to say I want to engrave some headphones and then state the brand?

Scott Shepherd
01-02-2015, 8:48 AM
I'm not sure what they are made from, but I would suspect they won't engrave to a contrasting color with a CO2. It'll probably stay the same color as the band.

Bert Kemp
01-02-2015, 3:30 PM
exactly, if I have to search to find out what their doing its not gonna happen.

So without doing a Google like I did, would it not be simpler just to say I want to engrave some headphones and then state the brand?

Scott Shepherd
01-02-2015, 3:32 PM
If you were more hip, you'd know what they were :p

Gary Hair
01-02-2015, 3:38 PM

If you don't know what they are then what are the chances you'll know how to engrave them? Why not just ignore the post and move on?

Bill George
01-02-2015, 4:43 PM
If you don't know what they are then what are the chances you'll know how to engrave them? Why not just ignore the post and move on?

World would be a lot different if everyone took your advice and not researched the internet for things they knew nothing about. Thanks Google.

Dave Sheldrake
01-02-2015, 4:54 PM
ABS apparently

cheers

Dave

Mike Chance in Iowa
01-02-2015, 5:45 PM
If you were more hip, you'd know what they were :p

If you were more hip, you'd have one of the products. :cool:

To the original poster, it would help if you specify which Beats product as there are several different styles of headphones and speakers that have plastic bands on them.

Scott Shepherd
01-03-2015, 9:13 AM
If you were more hip, you'd have one of the products. :cool:

I hope I'm never that hip :)

Clark Pace
01-03-2015, 6:22 PM
I hope I'm never that hip :)

I was not sure what plastic it was either? Main reason I asked it perhaps someone here had engraved the brand before. They are pricey and wanted to possibly get a heads up before I tell the customer that it's possible.

Thank all.

Ray Scott
01-04-2015, 5:00 PM
My girls have these HIGHLY expensive headphones... They get upset about any little possible scratching. There's no way they would let me practice engraving on them.

custom marking so they are easier know the owner... Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm not paying for those headphones again.

Ray Scott

Sean Coyne
01-06-2015, 3:34 PM
I have etched several versions of Beats headphones. Ill list the results by color...

WHITE: Gives an uneven orange-ish engraving. I was never able to get a consistent engraving.

BLACK: Gives an even black etch with no real contrast beyond the texture of the engraving.

GOLD: 2nd Best results. Engravers white. Must be done carefully with low power and multiple runs or else you'll get the orange-ish discoloration.

SILVER: 1st best results. Etches Black and can be done with minimal effort. Hitting this at a moderate power will NOT cause the discoloration seen in the white sets.

These are for the plastic parts of the Beats. Hope this helps.