PDA

View Full Version : DC for a D4?

Bill Lewis
07-21-2005, 6:17 AM
Has anyone devised a decent way to do Dust collection for a D4 (leigh dovtailing jig)?

Some time ago I bought the router attachment from Leigh, but I still have not used it because I haven't come up with an adaptor for the port. I have also heard that it's not very effective, and after examining it in this regard, I'd have to concur.

So any thoughts, suggestions, pictures? I've got a few ideas, but nothing implemeted yet.

Ken Salisbury
07-21-2005, 6:59 AM
Has anyone devised a decent way to do Dust collection for a D4 (leigh dovtailing jig)?

HOW I DO IT:

http://www.oldrebelworkshop.com/sweeper.gif

Jim Becker
07-21-2005, 9:55 AM
I have the Leigh collector hood and have used it with my Dewalt DW618 with success...and the Festool hose fits right on the port. (I've also used it for edge work, too) It also worked with my PC 7529.

I have not had the opportunity to try the Leigh hood with my Festool OF1010 yet, but don't anticipate any issues. The native under-mount swivel hood that comes with the Festool routers might not give enough clearance from the jig fingers

Mike Kelly
07-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Bill I have used my Leigh collector with my old PC and it is very effective. Doesn't get everything, but if used properly it is getting 90 to 95% of all chips and dust. It should work well with any router it can be mounted on. I was plesantly surprised at how effective it was.

Michael Ballent
07-22-2005, 12:45 PM
I have the Liegh dust collector and it really does a great job of collecting dust... I have used in on my Leigh jig as well as edge work including routing MDF and really caught about 95% of the dust. I have found that you may need to adjust it a little so that the chips shoot right into the hood.