PDA

View Full Version : Ricoh Printer

William White
12-29-2014, 9:30 PM
I've got a ricoh 7000 printer that I don't need or use anymore. I'm sure the heads need to be cleaned and I get the message the ink tray needs to be replaced. Is there someone that works on these printers and big question is it worth trying to fix at this point. Ricoh is absolutely no help with this as I have called several times . Bill W. 352 475 3400

Bruce Page
12-29-2014, 9:53 PM
Send it to recycle. I advertised a like new photo quality printer for free on Craigslist for 2 weeks and didn't even get a phone call.

Scott Shepherd
12-29-2014, 10:10 PM
Bill, Conde can help. You can buy the ink tray for like $30 or so. You probably need to see if the dye sub ink has expired. If so, new ink, a new tray, and some head cleaning and it will probably be back to working condition. That's an expensive dye sub printer.

Bob A Miller
12-30-2014, 12:24 AM
On just about all ink jet style run the auto head cleaning routine.. While you can get dry ink etc, an old bench tech told me the secret is to keep running the head cleaning... Perhaps as many as 10-20 times. That will save you an hr or two of billable time. If that doesn't fix it you generally will have to buy a new head & typically the cost is quite high.

Bob

Art Swander
12-30-2014, 2:42 AM
I have rebuilt several of the 7000's, and generally if the ink is dried in the heads, it will cost more to replace the heads than the printer is worth. I have one here right now that has a bad board that I am going to be replacing in the next week as soon as Ricoh sends me the part. Their parts dept is slooooooooooooooooooow!

Brian J Rogalny
12-30-2014, 6:26 AM
When my power supply died in a little more than a year my supplier said it is unfixable get a new one, Ricoh never returned emails or calls. Still have in the attic can't bring myself to throw it away.