PDA

View Full Version : Need some 3mm od air assist hose

James Higgon
12-28-2014, 9:29 AM
I have a trotec rayjet. The 3mm od air assist hose has snapped. They don't reopen from Christmas yet and I'm in need of some rather urgently. Does anyone know where I can get some in the UK? I'm sure it goes without saying that it needs to be really flexible and tough as it is moving along with the lens. Thanks in advance

Dennis Rech
12-28-2014, 12:53 PM
I have a trotec rayjet. The 3mm od air assist hose has snapped. They don't reopen from Christmas yet and I'm in need of some rather urgently. Does anyone know where I can get some in the UK? I'm sure it goes without saying that it needs to be really flexible and tough as it is moving along with the lens. Thanks in advance

The RC model car and airplane stores have it here.
Imagine it is the same in the UK.

Bill George
12-28-2014, 1:27 PM

Here I used fuel line meant for a snowmobile.

Mayo Pardo
12-29-2014, 2:00 AM
Check auto parts stores, hardware stores, and tropical fish stores

Keith Colson
12-29-2014, 2:10 AM
I bet you can find something at an auto-parts store that can work temporarily. I wonder if some silicone hose would be up for the job? Or maybe even some window squirter hose?

Cheers
Keith

Dave Sheldrake
12-29-2014, 10:41 AM
Keith's got it, I replaced all my air hoses with silicon hose (motor industry vacuum hose) very strong, very flexible and resistant to most oils.

cheers

Dave

James Higgon
01-04-2015, 7:27 AM
thanks for all your help

will this do the job just aswell as the original part? i REALLY dont want the hose splitting again whilst im cutting.

http://www.advancedfluidsolutions.co.uk/15mm-id-x-3mm-od-clear-transulcent-silicone-hose-pipe-tubing-2436-p.asp

Dave Sheldrake
01-04-2015, 12:17 PM
That will do it but I use the thicker wall stuff from the same people. It really is good quality gear from AFS, all my hoses on all my lasers use it

cheers

Dave

James Higgon
01-04-2015, 1:52 PM
Thanks. The hose is only 3mm outside diameter so I can't go any thicker. Is it definitely flexible enough as this is the hose that connects where it's actually lasering so it moves about alot.

Dave Sheldrake
01-04-2015, 2:03 PM
VERY flexible...you won't get much better and it's resistant to repeat strain damage

cheers

Dave

James Higgon
01-04-2015, 2:36 PM
Thanks alot for your help

Ray Scott
01-04-2015, 4:37 PM
You might be able to find some "surgical" silicone tubing at HomeDepot. Do not use the clear vinyl hose. It doesn't bend nicely and will eventually crack.

I highly recommend mend that you stick with the silicone tubing idea. I had a hard time finding it in the USA. I am sure that Rabbit Laser USA has it in stock.. Probably about 2$ per foot. It might not be on their web site, but you should call and ask. Rabbit Laser USA sells machines from three factories... So, they should have nearly any part you need. ...but they only sell to the USA customers.

Ray Scott