PDA

View Full Version : This years gifts

Kevin Sweet
12-28-2014, 12:49 AM
I was down to the wire getting this years gifts made. I did watch the Wood Whisper and get inspired to make a half dozen cutting boards, however my favorites were those for the kids gifts.
My oldest (5) recieved a checker board set.

Middle son (3) was all about trucks this year, so I made him a log truck.

My daughter (2) was thrilled with her new black cherry rocking horse (woodentoy plans).

For me, this was a lot to complete in the 5 weeks before Christmas, but am pleased with the results.
Curious to see what others made.

Brian Henderson
12-28-2014, 2:20 AM
I've done the same thing in past years, I made custom accordion-folding picture frames for everyone in the family one year. I've also done a bunch of scroll saw wooden puzzles for my wife and daughters in the past. This year, I had about 2 weeks before Christmas and suddenly decided to make something for them, I went out, made a big wooden puzzle for my wife (1.5" thick oak, about 14" square), a game prop for my oldest daughter and some custom painted wooden display pieces for my youngest. I made it through all of the pieces with about 2 days to spare, but honestly, when you opened the presents, you could still smell the finish. :)

Gotta get started earlier next year if I decide to do the same thing.

Keith Hankins
12-28-2014, 9:37 AM
I'm still working on two. My son home on leave from the army springs that He'd love a father/son project. He wants a couple of shooting tables. So been working on those out of cherry and they should be done before he heads back to base. Sure wish he'd mentioned them back in June!

Kevin Sweet
12-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Shooting tables....that would be a good one to make for father. Maybe next year.