PDA

View Full Version : Family tree and then some.

Steve Doerr
12-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Made some bowls and platters to give to family members for Christmas. The first picture are all turnings from an ash tree that was cut down on my wife's family homestead. The homestead is part of her family's century farm. These were gifts for her brothers and sisters. The next picture is a platter for my wife's mother. It came from a walnut tree that was also on the family farm. The next two pictures are gifts for my brother and sister and were turned from myrtle. Had a great time turning them. Just thought I would share.

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and had an opportunity to spend time with friends and family. Also, be safe on New Year's.

302764 302765 302766 302767

Dave Fritz
12-27-2014, 8:55 AM
Really a special gift for the family. I'll bet those become heirlooms within the family. Well designed and executed.

Dave Fritz

Grant Wilkinson
12-27-2014, 12:06 PM
I especially like the emerging bowls. Can you please tell me how big they are, Steve? I've done a few and would like to try one to be used as a bar sink. Mine have been considerably smaller so far.

David Delo
12-27-2014, 3:29 PM
That's quite a collection Steve. I'm sure they were all very well received and rightly so. Great job.

Steve Doerr
12-28-2014, 10:46 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. They were all well received. Had fun at my wife's family get together giving them out. We played "Let's Make a Deal." It was great watching them try and decide whether they wanted what was displayed or what was hidden in a bag. Even convinced them there was a zonk in one of the bags. Christmas at her families is always a hoot.

Greg--pictures can be deceiving. They are just under 5" square and about 2 1/2" high. Do have an order for one that will be 10" or 12" square. How large are you thinking of making your bar sink? Definitely be interested in seeing it when you're done.