PDA

View Full Version : Corel ?

Bert Kemp
12-26-2014, 5:38 PM
That should be Corel ? LOL can't edit subject I guess...I have a rectangle that I want to set the corner radius different on each end of the rectangle and a different style on each end also. I set one end but then when I try to change the other end both change. Help please:)

Scott Shepherd
12-26-2014, 6:22 PM
Bert, there's a couple ways. One is to unlock the lock next to those 4 corner things and you can then change them individually. Second method is to open the "Fillet/Chamfer/Scallop" docker, click on the node editing arrow (just under the select arrow on the left toolbar), then click the node on the corner you want to modify to select that node only, (you might have to slow click twice, once to select the entire object, then once to just select that one node), then click on the Fillet docker, enter your radius, click apply.

Hilton Lister
12-26-2014, 6:28 PM
You will have to convert the rectangle to curves to get separate nodes on each corner with the Fillet/chamfer/Scallop docker

Scott Shepherd
12-26-2014, 7:28 PM
You will have to convert the rectangle to curves to get separate nodes on each corner with the Fillet/chamfer/Scallop docker

Good call Hilton, I wasn't in front of Corel when I typed that and was doing it from memory, but I think you are 100% correct.

Bert Kemp
12-26-2014, 7:37 PM
Yes I can change them individually but I get the left side changed then I want the right side a different style corner when I change styles the left side changes too.
"Fillet/Chamfer/Scallop" docker, Have no idea what or where this is.:(

Bert, there's a couple ways. One is to unlock the lock next to those 4 corner things and you can then change them individually. Second method is to open the "Fillet/Chamfer/Scallop" docker, click on the node editing arrow (just under the select arrow on the left toolbar), then click the node on the corner you want to modify to select that node only, (you might have to slow click twice, once to select the entire object, then once to just select that one node), then click on the Fillet docker, enter your radius, click apply.

Tony Lenkic
12-26-2014, 7:58 PM
Pull down menu: Windows/docker/"Fillet/Chamfer/Scallop"

Bert Kemp
12-26-2014, 9:06 PM
Found it and it worked thanks a lot:) Tony, Scott and Hilton, learned something new everyday. this forum awesome

Pull down menu: Windows/docker/"Fillet/Chamfer/Scallop"

Richard Rumancik
12-27-2014, 10:14 AM
If adding fillets to a simple rectangle you can do them one-by-one. But if you are applying multiple radii you can select multiple nodes, using a window, and change them all at the same time. You just select (Pick) the shape, then use the shape tool and drag a window over all the nodes to be changed (radiused in this case.) You can also make multiple window selections (by holding SHIFT to add each window). For a complex shape it can save some time.

Bert Kemp
12-27-2014, 11:09 AM
I don't do enough different stuff in corel to really know what I'm doing. The things I design are pretty basic and I know what I need but when I try something new then I have to learn a new process. I usually try to figure it out but after an hour or so and then I ask for help LOL . I probably use 1% of what corel can do so its a slow learning process for me:)

If adding fillets to a simple rectangle you can do them one-by-one. But if you are applying multiple radii you can select multiple nodes, using a window, and change them all at the same time. You just select (Pick) the shape, then use the shape tool and drag a window over all the nodes to be changed (radiused in this case.) You can also make multiple window selections (by holding SHIFT to add each window). For a complex shape it can save some time.

Keith Colson
12-27-2014, 7:12 PM
Hi Bert

I find myself fighting with Corel every day. It is possibly the most unintuitive software I have ever used. What makes it good is all the features it has but working with them is painful. Sketchup is a great example of intuitive software but it does not draw true circles. When I get something working on Corel I add it not my notes so I can do it again in a few months when I forget. I am having a crack at photo engraving wood at the moment so am learning more features.

Cheers
Keith

Scott Shepherd
12-27-2014, 7:49 PM
Hi Bert

I find myself fighting with Corel every day. It is possibly the most unintuitive software I have ever used. What makes it good is all the features it has but working with them is painful. Sketchup is a great example of intuitive software but it does not draw true circles. When I get something working on Corel I add it not my notes so I can do it again in a few months when I forget. I am having a crack at photo engraving wood at the moment so am learning more features.

Cheers
Keith

You should use Illustrator for a while. You'll be praising how easy CorelDraw is after that. Don't even get me started on Photoshop. I've been using CAD/CAM packages since they came out, probably in the 80's. I can't count how many 10's of thousands of things I've drawn and programmed for CNC machines over the decades. I open Photoshop and want to draw a circle a certain size in a certain place and I'm stumped for hours :)

Bert Kemp
12-27-2014, 10:39 PM
guess I WON'T BE TRYING Illustrator any time soon:DI have Inkscape and draftsight and I can't do anything in those , I get frustrated in the first 30 seconds in them :confused:

You should use Illustrator for a while. You'll be praising how easy CorelDraw is after that. Don't even get me started on Photoshop. I've been using CAD/CAM packages since they came out, probably in the 80's. I can't count how many 10's of thousands of things I've drawn and programmed for CNC machines over the decades. I open Photoshop and want to draw a circle a certain size in a certain place and I'm stumped for hours :)