PDA

View Full Version : Who was making the wood miter sleds and selling them on-line?

Ken Frohnert
12-26-2014, 1:23 PM
I while back I thought I saw a guy who was making table saw miter sleds and selling on his website. I looked at them briefly a while back and wanted to take another look - I guess I did not save his website in my wood favorites - because I sure cannot find it. Can someone pm the link to his website to me?

Dave Richards
12-26-2014, 2:44 PM
The Dubby (http://in-lineindustries.com/products/the-original-dubby/)?

Rick Potter
12-26-2014, 2:46 PM
If you are talking about the Dubby sled, check the Peachtree Woodworking site. They have videos, and just sent me an e-mail showing them on sale.

Ken Frohnert
12-26-2014, 6:22 PM
Thanks but it was not a Dubby or an Incra - I think it was just a individual that was making them. I just cannot remember where the heck the link was - and I sure cannot find it.

Patrick McCarthy
12-26-2014, 9:41 PM
For power saw or hand plane?

Ken Frohnert
12-26-2014, 9:52 PM
Tablesaw - I call it a miter sled but perhaps cross-cut sled it more correct.

For power saw or hand plane?

Grant Wilkinson
12-27-2014, 12:01 PM
Segeasy.com has plans for theirs. For segmenting work, it can't be beat.

scott vroom
12-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Segeasy.com has plans for theirs. For segmenting work, it can't be beat.

I think he's looking for an already-made sled....

Bruce Wrenn
12-28-2014, 9:30 PM
Shipping would cost more than materials to build a panel cutter. You could buy any of several brands of miter bar stock, or even make your own. The actual sled could be made from 1/2" MDF, melamine, or baltic birch , depending upon you taste and scrap pile. I make the NYW style panel cutter, with fence at side of sled towards operator. Fence consists of two parts, One is a piece of 3/4" plywood about two inches wide, which fastens to sled, laid horizontally. Other is another piece of 3/4 ply, with dust relief cut along bottom, that is pocket screwed to first piece. It extends out past end of sled so it pushes cut off through blade. By pocket screwing it on, it's replaceable when worn.

Frederick Skelly
12-28-2014, 10:34 PM
I think he's looking for an already-made sled....

If so and depending on what you want to spend, look into the Incra Miter Express. Got one for Christmas. Not something Id have bought myself (luxury item), but that Incra beats the devil out of the heavy, klunky sled I made from some magazine plan a few years back. I noticed that Infinity Tool is selling them for $139 right now. (No affiliation with Infinity.)

Fred

Grant Wilkinson
12-29-2014, 3:04 PM
Understood, Scott. Ignore my post, Ken.