Which Coral Draw do most people us for laser engraving

Thnaks
Junior

Bert Kemp
12-26-2014, 9:38 AM
What ever they have:p

Junior hall
12-26-2014, 9:43 AM
So just any coral draw will work to vector a picture. Sorry i should have been more specific

Bruce Volden
12-26-2014, 9:58 AM
I'm still using CD 11, see no reason to change.

Bruce

Bert Kemp
12-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Lots here using 9

Mike Null
12-26-2014, 10:35 AM
If you are engraving as a hobby then most of the older versions should work just fine depending on your operating system.

If you plan on running it as a business then I would advise buying the latest version (X7) as it has features not found on earlier versions and also will import many files that older versions will not.

Junior hall
12-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Thanks all for the great information So just any coral draw 11 or 7 or x7

I didnt know if there was a particular one as i seen some for web site building and several other coral draw software Once again thanks a bunch

Junior

Frank barry
12-26-2014, 11:39 AM
well I am new to Coral and have Coral6 and if you are buying Coral I would look at the price but I would also look at where you can get help with it there dose appear to be a lot of help for Coral 5 online and is wouldn't cost a lot cheers Frank

John Bion
12-26-2014, 1:40 PM
Thanks all for the great information So just any coral draw 11 or 7 or x7

I didnt know if there was a particular one as i seen some for web site building and several other coral draw software Once again thanks a bunch

Junior

Hi Junior,
Coral DRAW comes bundled with Coral Paint and a website tool ( I've never looked at this). The Draw part is the vector bit, but the Paint is very useful too, used either together with Draw or as a stand-alone photo tool.
Do a search on SMC about purchasing on e-bay etc
Kind regards, John

Junior hall
12-27-2014, 6:38 PM
Thank you John Bion I will most certainly look at Corel Draw. I have been using the software that came with my laser maching Engravelabv9 but ive read several others also use Corel Draw. I know with the engravelab i was blown away with all it could do as i was told most people will not ever use 1/10 of the program but it is there to use in case.

Dan Orcutt
02-05-2015, 5:50 AM
I am trying to figure out what drivers, (and get them) connect my coreldraw16 to my new Smartcarve Laser. (CamFive 80) I can't get the files to transfer through the smartcarve program without losing all settings. (locations)

My old laser printed directly from corel.

Michael Hunter
02-05-2015, 7:46 AM
I've been using Corel since version 6 (not X6), though that was before I got into lasering.

For use with the laser I would recommend version 11 and upwards : version X3 is very good and I still use that to actually drive the laser.

For design work I'm now using X6 for two reasons -
a) The file import functions are good for most of the files that customers send. (X3 was getting out of date and would not import some PDFs and DXFs).
b) The much improved (over X3) tracing.

Paul Phillips
02-05-2015, 10:47 AM
As a business it doesn't make sense to me to use anything other than the newest version so you can, (as Mike said) have the ability to import newer file type from customers, which is what I find I run into constantly. Since Corel has begun offering the subscription model for $25 a month you get the newest version with automatic updates as soon as they roll out, you no longer need to shell out hundreds for a disk. $25 a month seems reasonable to me for a program they ask nearly $600 for on disk, most people can bite off $25 a month, but that comes out to $300 a year, if you can afford it, they offer an annual subscription for $198, that's $16.50 a month for what used to only be available for hundreds of dollars, seems like a good deal to me!

Jeffrey Dewing
02-06-2015, 1:10 PM
I took the plunge and bought the X7 Corel Draw. I'm planning to get a business going with my Laser, and thought , if you're going to learn a software for your machine, It may as well have all the bells and whistles. It was a little less than $500 frog skins through Amizon. They also have a private version for personal use for $100 that works just as well I'm told.

Chris J Anderson
02-07-2015, 4:25 AM
You need to beware the 'cheap' versions of corel.

You'll find either...
1- Its an illegal copy and you won't be able to register it.
2- Its a student version with some features disabled.

You'd need to do some homework before purchasing a 'bargain' copy...

cheers,
Chris

Paul Phillips
02-07-2015, 11:18 AM
You need to beware the 'cheap' versions of corel.

You'll find either...
1- Its an illegal copy and you won't be able to register it.
2- Its a student version with some features disabled.

You'd need to do some homework before purchasing a 'bargain' copy...

cheers,
Chris
Which is why I advocate the subscription model, you download the full software suite including access to tech support if there's a problem, something you may not get with the "bargain" version, I know of someone who bought the student version for $150 using his sons student id, but since he was using it for his business he couldn't get help when he really needed it since he was violating the license agreement!
Another thing I like about it is there is no additional cost to upgrade when a new version comes out, it automatically upgrades you to newest version including any new updates.