PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet shops in Lancaster PA area

mike hopkins devon,pa
07-20-2005, 6:49 PM
A friend of mine is looking to purchase new kitchen cabinets for his house in the Wilmington Delaware area. Can anyone recommend cabinet makers he should consider and contact in the surrounding Lancaster area. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jim Becker
07-20-2005, 9:16 PM
I don't know anyone out that way, but know two here in Bucks County that I'd highly recommend...

Wes Bischel
07-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Mike,
I am embarassed to say I have no idea. :o I've been here 20 years, and never needed to buy cabinets - I have always cobbled my own together. I do know there are a bunch of smaller shops around - we have both kinds "English" and Amish. :D I can ask around, but I couldn't give any recommendations from personal experience.

Wes

Bruce Overholt
07-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Wes, I'm Bruce Overholt located here in Lancaster, Pa. As far as local cabinet shops here, there are Plenty. Brubaker, Keener, Jemson, I can't reccomend any of them since I have no experience with their work.

Bruce

John Renzetti
07-21-2005, 5:38 AM
Hi Mike, First are you the same Mike Hopkins whose shop I visited a long time ago and we set up your PM66. If so, how have you been doing?
There are lots of large and small shops in the area that will build the cabinets, doors etc. What style price, etc. One good source for recommendations would be Rick Hearne at Hearne Hardwoods in Oxford. A lot of these cabinetmakers are his customers.
I know of one company called Paradise Custom Kitchens that does real nice high end work. They carry different lines plus I think they have some that are built locally.
talk to you later,
John