PDA

View Full Version : European sliding TS Kansas City Area?

Eric D Matson
12-24-2014, 10:27 PM
Hey guys,

It is time I upgrade my table saw. I have been eyeballing the European sliders. I was wondering if there was anyone around the Kansas City area that had one and wouldn't mind showing it off to me. I would like some first hand experiences with it and to talk to you about it. One concern I have is I am left handed and just the appearance I see, looks better suited for a righty. I could totally be off base. Does anyone have one and be willing to entertain me for a little bit?

Thanks

Rich Enders
12-25-2014, 7:06 PM
Is Phoenix close enough? Just kidding of course. I have a MM CU300 and although it may look "handed" I would say it is not. On the TS and the shaper the work is generally clamped to the slider and then the slider is fed mostly with both hands. The jointer and the planer are also fed with both hands. Maybe I have right handed blindness, but the tasks for both hands will have to be learned with practice, but they are not so difficult.

Jim Andrew
12-26-2014, 9:07 AM
I'm about 3 hours from the KC airport, west. I have a Hammer 79 48, but I'm sure there are similar machines in KC. If you just want to see a huge 3 phase machine, go to a local cabinet shop. About every cabinet shop in the closest city has at least one huge slider.

Jim Becker
12-26-2014, 9:28 PM
Many of the manufacturers, including MiniMax and Felder/Hammer, have customer references that will be provided to potential serious buyers. I've done that for MiniMax a few times over the years when someone in my area was interested in either a tool similar to what I own or just wanted to see "any" tools from the brand to consider quality, etc.

Eric D Matson
12-29-2014, 3:58 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I will check them out. I appreciate the help.