PDA

View Full Version : Some major house repairs finished.

John Coloccia
12-22-2014, 9:49 PM
After that freak windstorm, the airplane crash, and that horrible comet incident, I really had to make some repairs. I had a guy out at the house this morning, and they got it done. Considering the circumstances, I wasn't really expecting perfection, and honestly I think the craftsmanship is pretty good. I'm satisfied. My wife, on the other hand, is convinced he ripped us off and used really cheap materials. What do you think?

Also, he left a bunch of construction debris and some tools.

Matt Day
12-22-2014, 10:04 PM
How have you not eaten that house yet?

I've enjoyed the clever daily updates. I continue to be tricked and open each thread only to find your gingerbread house!

Happy Holidays!

Jerry Bruette
12-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Your wife may have a keener eye for quality craftsmanship than you.

I'm also surprised that a local wolf hasn't shown up to raise havoc with your little project.

Pat Barry
12-22-2014, 10:29 PM
I gotta agree

Jim Falsetti
12-22-2014, 10:52 PM
John,

Jeesh, what a bunch of terrible luck you have had with that Connecticut house. That looks like a quickie homeowner "sell house" repair job. You better unload that thing before it gets worse.

Hope you are not on a low-carb diet.

Jim

John Coloccia
12-22-2014, 10:57 PM
John,

Jeesh, what a bunch of terrible luck you have had with that Connecticut house. That looks like a quickie homeowner "sell house" repair job. You better unload that thing before it gets worse.

Hope you are not on a low-carb diet.

Jim

I've been trying to sell it, but the financials are looking worse and worse. Something keeps eating into the profits.

Tom Stenzel
12-23-2014, 12:19 AM
John, I don't know if I should laugh or suggest you have your furnace tended to. It might have a leak somewhere.

:)

-Tom

Rick Moyer
12-23-2014, 5:42 AM
I think the new standing seam side that doesn't match the other side will make it a tough sell down the road. I think a total tear-down is in order soon.

Lee Schierer
12-23-2014, 8:14 AM
When is the landscaper coming to replace the trees?

Bonnie Campbell
12-23-2014, 9:18 AM
My suggestion is to just let the birds have it for a song

Dan Hintz
12-23-2014, 9:21 AM
If the house is liveable, that's the biggest deal. Anything else is just icing on the cake :D

Ken Fitzgerald
12-23-2014, 9:29 AM
It looks to me that he didn't finish the job or cleanup the job site....

Kent A Bathurst
12-23-2014, 9:50 AM
It looks to me that he didn't finish the job or cleanup the job site....

He'll be back. First rain, and that roof patch is gonna disintegrate. Either that, or a few reindeer will fall through into the living room.

Matt Meiser
12-23-2014, 2:12 PM
Looks like you spent some bread on those repairs.

Kent A Bathurst
12-23-2014, 3:39 PM
Looks like you spent some bread on those repairs.

True. Some serious bread. And yet, it still looks like a crummy job.

John Coloccia
12-23-2014, 3:50 PM
Well, I'm afraid the whole thing might finally be toast.

Ryan Mooney
12-23-2014, 5:25 PM
I'll try not to sugar coat it or butter you up, but do have to agree with others that it was a crumby job. It's the kind of repair that eats away at you while you wonder if there are other pieces you can't see hidden behind it.

Even with that though it's still a sweet little place, that I think anyone would have been proud to have had. Although I admit to not having a consuming desire for one of my own.

Andrew Joiner
12-23-2014, 5:37 PM
I'll try not to sugar coat it or butter you up, but do have to agree with others that it was a crumby job. It's the kind of repair that eats away at you while you wonder if there are other pieces you can't see hidden behind it.

Even with that though it's still a sweet little place, that I think anyone would have been proud to have had. Although I admit to not having a consuming desire for one of my own.
Great response Ryan.