PDA

View Full Version : Lasercut 5.3 file size limits

Neville Stewart
12-22-2014, 5:27 PM
I read a few posts about file size but didn't find an answer. I'm trying to download a 7 meg file that is all vector cuts at varied power levels, but the program crashes towards the end. I can't recall what my driver setup is but are there limits of is there a way to get around that limit?

Bert Kemp
12-22-2014, 6:36 PM
Are you using corel. Can you break up the program into different pages. CForel will only load 1 page at a time into laser cut, so if you can break it up into several pages it might work for you.

I read a few posts about file size but didn't find an answer. I'm trying to download a 7 meg file that is all vector cuts at varied power levels, but the program crashes towards the end. I can't recall what my driver setup is but are there limits of is there a way to get around that limit?

Neville Stewart
12-22-2014, 8:00 PM
Are you using corel. Can you break up the program into different pages. CForel will only load 1 page at a time into laser cut, so if you can break it up into several pages it might work for you.
Well let me say I have Corel x3, but I'm not very familiar with it. Do you mean please different layers on pages and cut them individually?

Bert Kemp
12-22-2014, 9:50 PM
yea that might work or if you can break apart the file. Not knowing what the file is is hard to tell what to do with it . is there more then one piece to it, if so you can put different section on pages. if its a single piece like a photo with different raster and vector lines, then maybe different layers will work

Well let me say I have Corel x3, but I'm not very familiar with it. Do you mean please different layers on pages and cut them individually?

Neville Stewart
12-23-2014, 12:27 AM
Well out of exasperation I found a workaround. Import the file into LC, then export it as a .plt. It went from 10 meg to 650 Kb. Imported back into LC and it worked without a hitch.