PDA

View Full Version : Festool on Ebay

Steven Satur
12-22-2014, 5:26 PM
I thought I was bad with Lie Nielsen on Ebay, but can you believe that the current bid on a pair of Festool Safety Glasses is $200.00?

Steve

Kent A Bathurst
12-22-2014, 5:31 PM
Yes. I can believe it.

HL Mencken: "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

William C Rogers
12-22-2014, 5:34 PM
another green item I can't afford, darn!

Wade Lippman
12-22-2014, 5:51 PM
Well, I didn't believe it, but checked and it is there!
Just two bidders. The glasses are discontinued; perhaps... well, I don't know what. It is inexplicable.

Steven Satur
12-22-2014, 5:56 PM
I could see 1 bidder and he hit on key too many but there are 2 different bidders.
This is worse then a Retirement Light.

Kevin Wolfe
12-22-2014, 6:33 PM
Those are precision engineered glasses. I wonder if they sell a systainer to put them in?

Kent A Bathurst
12-22-2014, 6:54 PM
Those are precision engineered glasses. I wonder if they sell a systainer to put them in?

And a proprietary connection to a dust hose?

Steven Satur
12-22-2014, 7:12 PM
I wonder if he will get paid?

Andrew Kertesz
12-22-2014, 7:17 PM
I heard the Glasstainer as it will be called is $295 plus $95 for the optional Kaizen foam.

Justin Ludwig
12-22-2014, 7:22 PM
I watched a Time Machine sell for over $600 on eBay. You can't surprise me with the ignorance of people. Everyone knows a time machine shouldn't cost more than $495.

Steven Satur
12-22-2014, 7:45 PM
Are you telling me I am stupid because I paid $501.23 for the same machine.

. You can't surprise me with the ignorance of people. Everyone knows a time machine shouldn't cost more than $495.[/QUOTE]

Keith Weber
12-22-2014, 11:17 PM
I'd like to know what they're spiking that Kool Aid with! That's just stupidly insane!

If you regret that you paid as much as you did for a time machine, could you go back in time and reduce your bid? Then, you would probably not win the time machine. If that happened, what would become of your time-traveling self and the time machine? Would you just vanish, leaving your past self upset that he didn't win the time machine? Or maybe the time machine itself would just vanish because it would no longer be yours, leaving you stranded to hang out with your past self? Although it would be handy to have an extra hand around the shop at times, I don't think I'd want myself messing with all my stuff and trying to sleep with my girlfriend! I think it's best if I don't bid on any time machines!

Kevin Womer
12-23-2014, 7:34 AM
For sale 'Festool' time machine 5,0000.

keith micinski
12-23-2014, 9:17 AM
I watched a Time Machine sell for over $600 on eBay. You can't surprise me with the ignorance of people. Everyone knows a time machine shouldn't cost more than $495.

The real question is how do you know how much the time machine sold for unless you followed it because your in the market for one? If that's the case I know a guy, who knows a guy, that can get you a hell of a deal on one right now but we have to act quickly, there's not a lot of time to get the deal done.

James Nugnes
12-23-2014, 9:49 AM
They are safety glasses. How special can they be...discontinued or not. I am fed up with bidding on ebay. People bid stuff up to within 95% or better of what they could have bought it for on a "buy it now" and saved all the time and aggravation. Ridiculous. We are addicted to the idea that we are going to get a deal. Sure we are!!!

David Ragan
12-23-2014, 10:14 AM
They are safety glasses. How special can they be...discontinued or not. I am fed up with bidding on ebay. People bid stuff up to within 95% or better of what they could have bought it for on a "buy it now" and saved all the time and aggravation. Ridiculous. We are addicted to the idea that we are going to get a deal. Sure we are!!!

Absolutely. I only buy stuff that is buy it now. All that bidding stuff is just too much trouble.

And the time machine? Since 'time' is a construct of our minds, and in physics there is no such thing per se (I am not a physicist), then check out some of the Quantum theory. Very interesting indeed. The way the math 'seems' to work, we exist not in our little 'universe', but instead in one of probably an infinite number of 'multiverse(s)'.

The physicists say that 'reality' is much more Alice in Wonderland-ish than is commonly understood. And, it is all really about math, isn't it?

Hey-this thread was already way off topic anyway.

tim morris
12-23-2014, 10:19 AM
I have a pair of those fabulous green glasses. They were given to me but that is irrelevant. :D

Scott Brandstetter
12-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Just had to look myself. While looking, the 51st bid came through and its over $200 now. Holy crum.

CPeter James
12-23-2014, 12:38 PM
I don't see them. The only pair listed is at $51.

CPeter

ken masoumi
12-23-2014, 1:28 PM
I heard the Glasstainer as it will be called is $295 plus $95 for the optional Kaizen foam.

Corinthian leather lining optional.

James Nugnes
12-23-2014, 1:58 PM
If safety glasses have met an ANSI standard they will do what they were intended to do as it relates to that standard. Charging $300 for a pair of safety glasses sounds to me like finding a price point for something intended to make it sell because it is so expensive....sort of the opposite mind set to making something very inexpensive in an effort to attract that market. I am so guilty of buying something costly BECAUSE it is costly....I am shocked that I missed these while they were available. The marketing effort must not worked too well or Festool would still be selling them.

Steven Satur
12-23-2014, 5:12 PM
back to the Lie Nielsen items that I see once in a while. They sold for more then what you would pay LN for the item shipped to you.
Either there are a lot of scams on there or people that have a A. Hole full of money.

Mike Fusick
01-04-2015, 3:10 PM
I like festool too, but not at the prices they sell for. I got my track saw as a refurb, easily worth $350 I paid. Great tool. I have a hard time paying the full price though, even that I like their stuff.

Brian Henderson
01-04-2015, 3:47 PM
My policy on eBay is to bid the most I'm willing to pay up front, then not go back to look at all. If I get an e-mail saying I won, great. If not, then I don't worry about it.