PDA

View Full Version : X7 vs Vector Magic

Hannu Rinne
12-20-2014, 5:17 PM
Anyone ever compared Vector Magic versus Corel X7 ?

I've thinking about purchasing the newest Corel because of the newest trace option seem to be quite good but I'm not so sure about it... has anyone compared these two ?

(still using X3)

I wish a Merry Christmas to all Creekers and I hope a very successful New Year 2015 to all of you !

Best regards from Finland,
Hannu

mike klein
12-20-2014, 7:56 PM
If X3 is doing what you want, stick with it and invest in Vector Magic. I run Corel X5 and have no intentions of upgrading at this time and have been using Vector Magic for quite some time now and in my opinion it far surpasses any tracing ability Corel has.

Jiten Patel
12-21-2014, 7:55 AM
I can't tell you about Corel as I use Illustrator, but I have been told Illustrator has a better tracing engine than Corel and Vector Magic trumps that by a long shot. Very simple to use and superb results (depending on the source material).

Frank barry
12-21-2014, 9:43 AM
I will have a look at that it looks to easy to be true if you know what I mean but for those of us that find Corel or Adobe a pain it might be the way to go
cheers Frank

Don Corbeil
12-21-2014, 11:48 AM
I also second the Vector Magic program. Very easy to use and edit with.

Ruben Salcedo
12-21-2014, 4:29 PM
For you Vector Magic users... I remember that there was a feature to replace fonts, and now that I'm looking at it again I don't see that feature listed, did they removed this feature?

Thanks

Kit Dumph
12-21-2014, 6:24 PM
Adobe illustrator works much better trace wise then Corel does. I still use Corel though as my print from program for the laser though.

Mike Chance in Iowa
12-22-2014, 5:29 PM
For you Vector Magic users... I remember that there was a feature to replace fonts, and now that I'm looking at it again I don't see that feature listed, did they removed this feature?

I have been using Vector Magic Desktop version 1.15 for years now. I have never seen the ability to replace fonts. That would be nice!

Hannu Rinne
12-24-2014, 3:12 PM
Thanks to all for your answers !

Merry Christmas to all,
Hannu

Ruben Salcedo
12-24-2014, 3:33 PM
Yeah, vector magic does not do font recognition, I mistook it with Imagaro (http://www.imagaro.com/videos/News1308/News1308.html)