PDA

View Full Version : Wixey Remote Read out for the Router Table

George Bokros
12-20-2014, 5:02 PM
I have one on my router table and use a fair amount but could also live with out it. Today I did a dumb thing and bumped the display and punctured the display. Wixey has a replacement available, I contacted Barry, but I am debating upgrading to the newer model for only $28 more than the replacement display.

My question is do any of you have this on their router table and how much do you use it?

Thanks

Bill Huber
12-20-2014, 5:51 PM
I had one on my table and finally just took it off, I found I was just not using it.

It worked just fine but I just didn't use it, I just used the crank scale on the table or a height gauge and it did everything I needed.

Earl Rumans
12-20-2014, 6:32 PM
Bill, I have found the same thing. I have one mounted on my table and although it works great, I find myself not really using it much. I have one on my Jointer/Planer and I use that one all the time but just not with the router.

Bruce Page
12-20-2014, 6:50 PM
Mine's not a Wixey but I use it almost every time I use the router. This one had an oddball expensive battery that I removed and hardwired a $10 Radio Shack power supply to it. I love that I don't have to worry about dead batteries anymore.

glenn bradley
12-20-2014, 8:22 PM
I have one and use it for specific operations. Far from the majority of the time but, when I want that function I am glad to have it. Mine is not a Wixey so I cannot comment on the old and new version advantages.

Eduard Nemirovsky
12-21-2014, 9:27 PM
I am in the same group above - have it on my RT, use it for specific operation and not very often. If I would change on a new one - choose with AAA battery.
Ed.