PDA

View Full Version : Vector drawings to BMP

Frank barry
12-20-2014, 2:02 PM
Good morning I am wondering if anyone would be so good as to detail how I convert vector drawings to BMP so I can use them on my laser please remember I am new to Corel and have Corel x6 any help would be much appreciated thanks Frank

William Adams
12-20-2014, 2:46 PM
There should be an option under File to either Save as, or Export to pixel formats, one of which should be Windows bitmap (bmp).

Nicolas Silva
12-20-2014, 2:50 PM
under the bitmap tab, the first option is CONVERT TO BITMAP. Select your vectors and use this option. After that, you can save as any of the bitmap formats you need or send directly to your laser.

Frank barry
12-20-2014, 3:07 PM
thank you another quick question how can i adjust the line width before I save it as some of the lines tend to be very wide thanks in advance Frank

Mark Sipes
12-20-2014, 3:39 PM
Select the lines you wish to modify and click the pen Icon then select the line thick you desire or the thickness reading may appear at the top bar depending how you set up Corel.

Ray Beaty
12-21-2014, 8:35 AM
Now how do you convert bmp to vector for cutting? I have corel x5 and x6. Thanks in advance!

William Adams
12-21-2014, 9:56 AM
Corel has an auto trace feature — try that, or re-draw, or use a specialty tool such as Vector Magic.

Nicolas Silva
12-21-2014, 11:15 AM
when using the trace feature, i have found that it works well to first convert the bitmap to black and white
otherwise you get a lot of small fragmented vectors due to color variations.
Mostly I use the outline trace, but often times logo or detailed logo selection gives a better result but
it does create more nodes. There is no real manuals anymore, but if you check the help pages for
these features, there is often some good information.
Cheers!