PDA

View Full Version : Help with Trotec 300 alignment issues

Angela McGee
12-19-2014, 9:41 AM
I hope I've come to the right place for help. I have a Trotec Speedy 300 laser cutter. I've had no problems with using Illustrator files with it. Just recently I sent eight files for envelopes to cut. The envelopes all vary in size and were all set up on the same art board size in Illustrator. They were all created the same way and layers were all separated the same way. Half of the files worked and half didn't. The ones that didn't work are cutting way off and some even have two of the sides of the envelope shrink but the other two sides stay the right size. I have an image of one of the cuts that's way off. I hope someone has experienced this before and can help me. I'm not the one who operates the laser cutter, I just set up the files to send to it. Thanks!

Scott Shepherd
12-19-2014, 10:56 AM
My guess is they entered the page size wrong when they sent the job over. There's much that can go wrong in that area, whether you have "Minimize to Job" turned on, if you have "Take from Application" turned on.

We'd have to know your page size in Illustrator and then know what page size was entered in the print driver when it was sent over for each one. You might try putting a box around the edge of the artboard and making it a color you aren't going to use, and send it over like that. That way it goes over, all the same size, for sure.

Angela McGee
12-19-2014, 3:21 PM
We ended up calling Tech Support and they guided us through how to use Job Control. Instead of printing the vector lines prior to cutting we just cut directly onto a blank piece of paper. I know it's may sound scary, but neither I nor the person running the laser cutter knows a great deal about it. The people that got trained have since left our company. I think it's time we familiarize ourselves with the machine and software more! Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated!

Scott Shepherd
12-19-2014, 3:26 PM
Watch this video, it might help...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4tpdCgkpAw

Mike Null
12-20-2014, 7:38 AM
Angela

Where are you located?