PDA

View Full Version : G0453Z infeed/outfeed rollers stopped turning

scott vroom
12-18-2014, 6:47 PM
Both infeed and outfeed rollers stopped working this afternoon. I removed the chain guard cover and sure enough nothing is turning. Grizzly tech support is closed, but I'm assuming I need to drain and open up the gear box next. Any theories on what I'll find? I checked the users manual under "troubleshooting" and didn't see any mention of this problem (naturally ;)).

Edit: I found the problem: I accidentally bumped the feed rate adjustment handle and threw the rollers into neutral.

I could have quickly deleted this thread but I thought I'd share my senior moment with my fellow 'Creekers instead.

glenn bradley
12-18-2014, 6:48 PM
This is basic so don't take offense. You're sure the high/low lever is fully engaged in one position or the other?

scott vroom
12-18-2014, 6:54 PM
This is basic so don't take offense. You're sure the high/low lever is fully engaged in one position or the other?

Glenn, as you were writing your post I was editing mine with my big ahh-ha...see comments. Bingo!!

glenn bradley
12-18-2014, 7:19 PM
Glenn, as you were writing your post I was editing mine with my big ahh-ha...see comments. Bingo!!

I draw comfort in knowing I am not alone in those senior moments. Thank you ;-)

Peter Quinn
12-19-2014, 10:12 AM
I recently watched an apprentice play with the planer for 25-30 minutes trying to make it feed, it had been working fine he explained when he reached out for help. It was easy for me to see his mistake.....probably would have looked at it for 1/2 hour at least had it been mine.....I know this because I did previously. Glad your planer is fine, glad I'm not the only one this has ever happened too.