PDA

View Full Version : Help needed upgraded from X4

Brad Ports
12-18-2014, 11:16 AM
Guys, I need some help. I recently upgraded from Coreldraw X4 to X7. The problem I'm having is with photograv 3.0. When I bring a file that has been processed through PG into X7 it looks fine on the screen but lasers in a solid blob. I can take the same file into x4 and it engraves fine. I contacted Photograv and they tell me it's a Coreldraw problem and when I contacted Coreldraw they say the same thing that it's a photograve problem. Anybody had this happen to them and does anybody know a fix? Thanks in advance.

Gary Hair
12-18-2014, 2:20 PM
It's unfortunate that both companies are point their finger at the other and calling it a problem... It's really not a problem, rather, it's that color management in X4 and X7 are different and you'll have to make some adjustments to get the same results in X7 as you were in X4. Unfortunately, I don't have X7 and can't tell you the settings to change. I know the info is out there as I have seen it in my travels through various forums. Sorry I can't be more help than that, but at least you have a direction to go now.

Here is a video I found by Roy Brewer that might help - I didn't watch it but it was referred to in another forum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtwjmlHhuIE

Brad Ports
12-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks Gary, knew it had to be something like that. That's why I like this forum, I can always count on someone having an answer.

Gary Hair
12-19-2014, 1:11 PM
That's why I like this forum, I can always count on someone having an answer.

and often it's the right answer...

Brian Leavitt
12-19-2014, 4:12 PM
If you call Universal, they will send you a color pallet and instructions on how to set up Corel. I had an issue when I upgraded to X6 with it engraving colors that weren't supposed to be engraved. It's fine now, after fixing the settings in Corel.