PDA

View Full Version : Festool Closeout

Brad Knabel
07-19-2005, 3:34 PM
Hi All,
I just noticed that Festool is having a closeout on their circular saws to clear inventory for new models. The ATF-55 that I'm interested in is now available for $325.00. The package deals are also available at reduced prices.

I don't need to be sold on the merits of Festool (or any of its excellent competitors). My only real question is whether anyone has any idea what new features/improvements I might be missing by going with the current generation rather than waiting for the next one?

The savings is attractive and I have no doubt that I'll be happy. I just don't want to have buyers remorse in a month or two when the built-in cupholders and navigation system is available for the saws.

John Shuk
07-19-2005, 3:42 PM
You might PM Bob Marino. He is a rep for Festool. By all accounts he is a good guy to deal with. I just haven't been able to buy Festool yet.

Chris Padilla
07-19-2005, 3:47 PM
Brad,

I can't imagine EVER having buyer's remorse when it comes to Festool equipment. In fact, I think you should be thrilled to get such a nice discount on their equipment! I am a bit miffed that I paid nearly full price for th my ATF-65 saw back around Christmas and purchasing it now would have saved me $100 or so. Oh well...I have buyer's remorse because of that! hahaha....

Otherwise, this saw cuts like a dream and is a pleasure to use. I would get in on the deal ASAP.

Jim Becker
07-19-2005, 5:11 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=22394

Tim Sproul
07-19-2005, 5:55 PM
From what I've gathered...

anti-chip out on both sides of the blade rather than just the guide side.

lighter weight due to magnesium base.

spindle/plunge lock for blade changes.

and not pertinent to your choice since you've decided on the smaller saw....but the AT 65 is being replaced by the TS 75....though I'm not sure if the extra 10 mm blade diameter translates into 5 mm extra cut depth.

No relationship to Festool.....just got several other Festools and ponderin' the merits of their circular saws. maybe a 55 now and the 75 later :)?

Michael Perata
07-19-2005, 7:08 PM
....but the AT 65 is being replaced by the TS 75....though I'm not sure if the extra 10 mm blade diameter translates into 5 mm extra cut depth.

Their brochure on the Aussie site claims a 75mm cut depth.

Bob Marino
07-19-2005, 7:21 PM
Their brochure on the Aussie site claims a 75mm cut depth.

That's correct.

Bob

Brad Knabel
07-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks everyone. I think that sale price is the way to go for me.

Jim - thanks for the link to the previous thread. I can't believe I missed it. I even did a search before posting. I should have known this group would have been all over a Festool sale.