PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth for dummy,,Me!

Dave Winters
12-17-2014, 9:45 AM
Can I use a Bluetooth headphone in the shop to listen to music? I'm a bit of a Luddite on Bluetooth...what would broadcast the signal, my cellphone? Or do I need a seperate sender, and would it broadcast by infrared i.e. line of sight?

Larry Browning
12-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Your cell phone should be able to broadcast to bluetooth headphones. Or you can get a bluetooth transmitter that will turn any audio source with a 3.5mm output jack into a bluetooth source that will transmit to your bluetooth headphones.
http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT-BA01-Wireless-Bluetooth-Transmitter/dp/B004B8GF7Y/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1418828339&sr=1-17&keywords=bluetooth+adapter

Audio quality will be diminished a little, but that should not be a problem in the shop, or for anyone that is not an audiophile purest.
Bluetooth doesn't have much of a distance range (maybe 30ft) so that may be a problem if you wander away from the source.

Matt Day
12-17-2014, 10:33 AM
As long as your headphones are bt ready, your phone can do it.

Jon Nuckles
12-17-2014, 2:10 PM
I listen to bluetooth headphones when sanding or doing other monotonous tasks. My iPhone 4s sends the signal. You do need a direct line of sight between headphones and phone or you lose the connection, but that is not hard to maintain.