PDA

View Full Version : Atmos Carbon & Filter changing times?

Mark Ward
12-16-2014, 4:02 AM
Is there a rough guide/rule of thumb if the carbon in an Atmos should last pretty much the same length of time as the filter or is one meant to far out last the other?
I ask because I changed my filter last week to a brand new one and today the filter it is showing as 100% full on the Atmos. Now the carbon is still the original carbon that is in and I have only just replaced the filter for the first time too last week.
I took the carbon out and stirred it last month so I'm now wondering if in fact it was my carbon that needed replacing rather than my filter?
The stats on the front of the Atmos say that the Activated Carbon is 14% so I'm a bit confussed really as a brand new filter won't have filled up in a weeks use when the original one I've had in since March yet the carbon is showing as just 14%.

Also, when I put the filter in are you meant to reset anything on the Atmos as it also says 144H Change Filter whe I did do last week.

Jiten Patel
12-16-2014, 7:48 AM
Hey Mark,

I have had this before. Try taking out a little carbon as Trotec supply too much. Also the white filter mats in the machine (there should be two) flip them around until the numbers drop to what they should be (around 10-20%)...that solved the issue for me. Resetting the timer would help to monitor how much life you get out of a filter. You can do that by accessing the options menu on the unit.

Hope this helps.

Henri Sallinen
12-17-2014, 1:49 AM
I've once had my carbon filter act out because the top white mat was too clogged. I took it out, applied some pressured air to it. It put out quite a lot of dust and after that everything worked just fine! Usually the carbon needs changing when the odor get through it or so I've thought.

Mark Ward
12-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Cheers lads. I also had a Trotec engineer advise me to empty the carbon into buckets to let the fine contamination be released (not to be done if ever used with ribber he said though). I had a face mask on and did it outside too. slowly emptied into buckets and stirred it with a stick and the filter % dropped down to 39%.

Still need to order some more of those filter mats Jit, I will swap them around next time it starts to creep up.