PDA

View Full Version : Removal of lower wheel on Delta 28X35 bandsaw?

Larry Edgerton
12-15-2014, 10:39 AM
I do not have a manual for this machine and have to replace the tire. Before I screw something up if anyone has any pointers by all means pipe up.......

Larry

Dan Hahr
12-16-2014, 6:56 AM
Never had to remove myself mine for tires but I use the urethane ones. Dan

David Masters
12-16-2014, 9:24 AM
I replaced the rubber tires on my bandsaw with the urethane tires as well. Removal of the wheels was pretty straight forward. I didn't have a manual either. My bandsaw is one of the nameless Taiwanese saws from the mid to late eighties.

I found a parts explosion on a Delta 28-350 when I did a Google search, which might help.

Myk Rian
12-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Heat the urethane tires in 140º water. Have a helper and a couple clamps.
Get them started on the wheel, put a couple clamps on to hold them, and use a screw driver shaft to roll them on the wheel.
It really isn't hard to do.

Gus Dundon
12-22-2014, 4:57 PM
Mine was pretty easy to remove. I can do it with just small play on bearings. Stretched urethane tires to it with out gluing it down.

Dave Anthony
12-22-2014, 5:09 PM
I replaced the tires on mine without removing the wheels. The trick for me was to heat the tires (water just below boiling), use 5-6 spring clamps & something to roll the tires on (they sent a tool with the tires, a screwdriver shaft would work as well). Once you realize that tire which looks much to small will stretch to fit, it's just a matter of forcing it on.

Larry Edgerton
12-23-2014, 7:13 AM
I replaced the tires on mine without removing the wheels. The trick for me was to heat the tires (water just below boiling), use 5-6 spring clamps & something to roll the tires on (they sent a tool with the tires, a screwdriver shaft would work as well). Once you realize that tire which looks much to small will stretch to fit, it's just a matter of forcing it on.

Thats what I ended up doing to mine as I could not get the wheel off. Now my delta 14" quit, something in the magnetic starter.:rolleyes: