PDA

View Full Version : were did my help post go????

Bert Kemp
12-14-2014, 1:55 PM
Seems were really getting heavy handed moderation someone moved my post asking for help, no notice no explanation.

Bruce Page
12-14-2014, 2:12 PM
Heavy handed? It was moved to the Classified section.

Bill George
12-14-2014, 2:24 PM
Heavy handed? It was moved to the Classified section.

I guess I would have told him what was done.

Bruce Page
12-14-2014, 2:47 PM
I guess I would have told him what was done.

I did not move it. There was/is a re-direct left in the Engravers forum.

Bert Kemp
12-14-2014, 2:58 PM
how was that figured to be a classified, I've seen many post here people asking the same thing for another engraver to do some work for them. There was no mention of money just asking if someone could help find someone to do this for me.

Kev Williams
12-14-2014, 3:18 PM
I can help you out Bert, I'm straight up from AZ so shipping is no problem. PM me--

Ken Fitzgerald
12-14-2014, 3:22 PM
Bert,

A request for service in a newspaper is normally found in the classifieds advertisement section and one would expect to do the same here at SMC.

Bert Kemp
12-14-2014, 6:05 PM
It wasn't a request for service it was asking for help from fellow engravers, nothing mentioned about money as I had a previous post moved because I offered to pay.Gezz the rules keep changing.

Mike Null
12-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Bert

I didn't move it either but had I seen it first I would have. It was perceived as an ad whether you think so or not. All ads, regardless of their nature, must be placed in the classified forum. No exceptions.

Keith Outten
12-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Bert,

I moved both of your threads. The first one because I interpreted it as a want ad. I moved this one because our Support Forum is where these kinds of questions belong.

The rules haven't changed but on any given day it is not uncommon for people to make inadvertent errors or simply disagree on any given subject. I had intended to send you a Private Message as soon as I could but my schedule here is dictated by over 88,000 people and I try to spend my time as wisely as I can and keep things going as best I can with first preference going to our Contributors as you know.

Jim Rimmer
12-15-2014, 1:00 PM
Seems were really getting heavy handed moderation someone moved my post asking for help, no notice no explanation.

Without trying to find out what happened, I would say this is a pretty heavy handed response.

Brian W Smith
12-15-2014, 3:43 PM
Bert,I've had a bunch of my posts zapped.........we're a professional shop here,it must be the language?I respond...thinking it's a reasonable approach to the O.P. and it gets zapped.It really is no big deal.Heck,on one forum that I frequent...don't think I've ever made a post that wasn't moved to a different area?Kinda like trying to hit a moving target?Hope you're getting some riding in.....love your avatar,BW