PDA

View Full Version : Corel x-7

bill gervais
12-14-2014, 9:39 AM
Found this on Amazon. Amazon has boxed version of Corel x-7 with CD not download for $244.77.

Think I will be purchasing to up grade from X-4 academic which is not upgradable.

Thought I would share.
Bill

Art Mann
12-14-2014, 10:48 AM
I saw the academic version of X-7 for something like $60. If I could always buy the new academic versions for that price, I could upgrade 4 times for less than $244. Their pricing structure doesn't make any sense to me.

Bob WrightNC
12-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Just a note - I went from 4 to 7. There is a big difference between the two programs in usability and I'm back on 4 until I can find the time to make the move to 7. I think some folks have said that 6 is a much easier transition from 4 than 7 and it may be quite a bit cheaper.

Kev Williams
12-14-2014, 3:29 PM
glad my needs are small, I'll probably use X4 till I retire! ;)

Art Mann
12-14-2014, 4:37 PM
We use Adobe Illustrator CS2, which is many years old but suits our needs. The problem is it won't run properly on any operating system newer than Vista and the computer on which it runs is getting old and unreliable. You might experience the same problems with older versions of Corel Draw.

Mitchell Tutty
12-14-2014, 7:41 PM
I was running X3 for a while, but have just switched to X7 with no issues at all.

Everything I needed previously in Corel is still there, and many more features I always felt X3 needed.
As somebody from the younger generation though, I have always found myself pretty adept with learning new software and technology however, which probably does contribute.

We use Adobe Illustrator CS2, which is many years old but suits our needs. The problem is it won't run properly on any operating system newer than Vista and the computer on which it runs is getting old and unreliable. You might experience the same problems with older versions of Corel Draw.

You could always run windows XP within a virtual machine. Works well with windows 8.1, I'm running a very old version of CASmate which I use for my CNC.
Do a quick google search and you will find everything you need to know.