PDA

View Full Version : Nova 16-2444 Lathe reverse

James Hedrick
12-13-2014, 9:55 PM
After sanding a turning, I switched from reverse to forward or should I say tried. Has anyone had any experience with the reversing switch burning out? Repair or replace info.

thanks!

Lloyd Butler
12-14-2014, 10:53 AM
My lathe is only a few years old, and is still going strong. I would think you could try blowing it out with a compressor as many similar switches get a dust build up inside at start to "fail". I generally vacuum mine out every once in a while when I am cleaning up to try and combat that dust build up.

Robert Willing
12-14-2014, 10:58 AM
I have not had that problem with my initial Nova 16-24. I up graded to the DVR version up grade kit about a year ago and still have my original motor with the switch attached. See what it is going to cost to replace the switch and may be we could work out a deal.

Scott Hackler
12-14-2014, 11:16 AM
I would get some electrical contact cleaner and spray the switch (wouldn't hurt to spray the buttons too). Dust can get inside the contacts and prevent the electrical connections. I had a similar problem with my ON button for my 1624. Unplugged, took the cover off the controls, sprayed the switches as best I could and reassembled. Seems to be OK now.

James Hedrick
12-14-2014, 4:23 PM
Thanks all. I'll try some spray and some air.
Robert, I may be in touch when I get some info.