PDA

View Full Version : u got mail

ray hampton
12-13-2014, 3:50 PM
I think that I lost my E-MAIL and need another provider ASAP
do Best Buy sell the soft ware of any provider
will someone recommended a good E-Mail source ?

George Bokros
12-13-2014, 3:53 PM
Who were you using for email? What makes you think you lost it?

yahoo has email as does google (gmail), and your ISP should provide and email account for you.

Bruce Page
12-13-2014, 4:11 PM
I use Google's gmail as a secondary account. Quick & easy to set up and has a decent spam filter.

ray hampton
12-13-2014, 4:27 PM
I were using Insightbb .com and it is deactivate, insight sold out to time warning or time warner, someone need to warm time warner

Brian Elfert
12-13-2014, 4:27 PM
I would use another email provider besides the email provided by your ISP. I have had the experience of leaving an ISP and having to change my email address in dozens of places. It has been several years and I still have people trying to use my old email address. Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook.com, and Yahoo are likely to be around for a long time. Personally, I bought my own domain, but not everyone wants to do that.

Time Warner pulled out of the Minneapolis market at least a decade ago. Everyone who had rr.com email addresses lost access to their email in 2008. They had to switch to Comcast.net or find another email provider.

Brian Elfert
12-13-2014, 4:29 PM
I think that I lost my E-MAIL and need another provider ASAP
do Best Buy sell the soft ware of any provider
will someone recommended a good E-Mail source ?

Most email now is accessed via the web. You don't need software unless you want to use it.

I would suggest finding a friend or relative who can help you with this. There are many sources for free email these days. You don't need to buy a thing.

ray hampton
12-13-2014, 4:30 PM
Who were you using for email? What makes you think you lost it?

yahoo has email as does google (gmail), and your ISP should provide and email account for you.

I got direct TV and cinni bell telephone , which one is the ISP

Chuck Wintle
12-13-2014, 5:01 PM
I got direct TV and cinni bell telephone , which one is the ISP

when you respond on this forum how do you access the internet? Its either by cable or telephone connection., probably cinni bell telephone?

Bill Huber
12-13-2014, 5:59 PM
I would say just get a gmail account, it can be reached from anywhere you can get on the net and you don't need any software to use it.

You can set up mail programs for gmail if you like, my wife used gmail and has Outlook set up and it works just fine. There are many free email programs out there but you don't have to use them with gmail, you can just use the web browser.

Myk Rian
12-13-2014, 6:52 PM
I'm with Bill. Go to google.com and get a gmail account for free.
Google will be around for a Loonnng time.

Jim Becker
12-13-2014, 8:13 PM
gmail from Google. Simple. Free. Always there. If you don't like Google, there's always hotmail from Microsoft...or outlook.com which may be the current name.

ray hampton
12-14-2014, 2:49 PM
when you respond on this forum how do you access the internet? Its either by cable or telephone connection., probably cinni bell telephone?

I am going to the land-line phone company after they open Monday, maybe they can do the work for me since I forgot how, I went to Google once but they too are not simple enough for me

Myk Rian
12-14-2014, 4:12 PM
I am going to the land-line phone company after they open Monday,
They can't do anything. You need to talk to the company that you pay for I-net service.

Jim Becker
12-14-2014, 4:35 PM
Ray, it's a good idea to have an email provider that is NOT your Internet service provider. Why? Because if you change providers, you don't have to change your email address. GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, etc., are all equally easy to use.

Myk Rian
12-14-2014, 5:12 PM
Ray, it's a good idea to have an email provider that is NOT your Internet service provider. Why? Because if you change providers, you don't have to change your email address. GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, etc., are all equally easy to use.
Of course we tried that already. He isn't listening.

Matt Day
12-14-2014, 8:04 PM
What are you having problems with on gmail? If you can use SMC you can use gmail, or hotmail, or yahoo, etc.

Pat Barry
12-15-2014, 1:11 PM
There is no simpler way than to use google mail. gmail as it is known. Ray, just type mail into your browser and gmail will be one of the first links. Open an account and you will have mail in a couple minutes. No need to get your ISP involved or even know who they are.

Larry Browning
12-15-2014, 1:23 PM
If you can Ray, talk to the person that helped you get on the internet the first time. They should be able to help you get your email back.

ray hampton
12-15-2014, 2:54 PM
If you can Ray, talk to the person that helped you get on the internet the first time. They should be able to help you get your email back.

Larry, I try talking to myself about this E-Mail but I tend to forget too soon
MERRY CHRISTMAS

ray hampton
12-15-2014, 3:05 PM
They can't do anything. You need to talk to the company that you pay for I-net service.

I got direct TV, but the old cable company was insightbb , they got bought by timr warner and they got fired quick, SO I pay direct tv and cinni bell now

Larry Browning
12-15-2014, 3:29 PM
Ray, as many others have already recommended your best bet is to get Gmail or Yahoo mail or any one of many webmail providers. However, I would go with one of the majors like gmail or Yahoo. Outlook.com is pretty good as well. You do not need to know who your internet provider is, just google "free webmail provider" or " free email provider" and take it from there. I'm not sure what else can be said, it really is very simple.

BTW: DirecTV is not an internet provider like your cable company probably was.

Merry Christmas to you too Ray!

ray hampton
12-15-2014, 6:24 PM
Ray, as many others have already recommended your best bet is to get Gmail or Yahoo mail or any one of many webmail providers. However, I would go with one of the majors like gmail or Yahoo. Outlook.com is pretty good as well. You do not need to know who your internet provider is, just google "free webmail provider" or " free email provider" and take it from there. I'm not sure what else can be said, it really is very simple.

BTW: DirecTV is not an internet provider like your cable company probably was.

Merry Christmas to you too Ray!

I try a number of the e-mail providers and give up on them because of the questions that I could not answer, I not ignoring the other posts just do not feel up to doing the search

ray hampton
12-15-2014, 7:34 PM
I finally got Gmail up BUT I do not see any scroll slider on the side of the screen which make it impossible to move the view

Myk Rian
12-15-2014, 8:37 PM
I have the slider. You need a bunch of e-mail in it before it appears.

ray hampton
12-16-2014, 1:00 PM
I have the slider. You need a bunch of e-mail in it before it appears.

If I change my E-mail address here will you sent me a numbers of messages to test this out

Larry Browning
12-16-2014, 1:54 PM
Ray, just send yourself multiple emails. That's what I do.

Also, gmail is initially configured to show 50 emails at a time(I think). If you have more than 50 in your inbox, you will have to press the > button located in the top right area of the screen to see the next 50. I believe you can change this in the settings.

I am sure that you will find quite a few differences in the gmail interface compared to the one you have been using. Some you may like while others you will dislike. This will be true no matter which email provider you go with. So if you prepare yourself for these changes, I think they will be a little easier to adjust to.

Bruce Page
12-16-2014, 1:56 PM
I'd be happy to Ray. You can also send a message to yourself, it'll go out on the web and back into your mailbox.

Pat Barry
12-16-2014, 2:06 PM
Ray,
Please note - you will get some spam emails. They will go into your spam mailbox - Google does you a bit of a favor there. Be sure to check your Spam from time to time for unsolicited offers and deals you probably don't want to know about.

ray hampton
12-16-2014, 4:09 PM
Ray,
Please note - you will get some spam emails. They will go into your spam mailbox - Google does you a bit of a favor there. Be sure to check your Spam from time to time for unsolicited offers and deals you probably don't want to know about.

I hope that the spam mail do not say Mail undeliverable and come in bundles

ray hampton
12-16-2014, 7:39 PM
Ray, just send yourself multiple emails. That's what I do.

Also, gmail is initially configured to show 50 emails at a time(I think). If you have more than 50 in your inbox, you will have to press the > button located in the top right area of the screen to see the next 50. I believe you can change this in the settings.

I am sure that you will find quite a few differences in the gmail interface compared to the one you have been using. Some you may like while others you will dislike. This will be true no matter which email provider you go with. So if you prepare yourself for these changes, I think they will be a little easier to adjust to.

I try to send a e-mail to myself BUT a message pop -up telling me to fix the email , they made feel stupid if I am stupid then I got no business being a member of sawcreek and I got no right to go on living if I am that stupid

Matt Day
12-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Ray, take it easy man. Your last post sounds like the kid who goes home pouting with his ball. I don't mean any offense, and I know how frustrating it must be.

There is likely something very simple going on. Did you enter your email address in the form: name@gmail.com? And remember, gmail is not going to be exactly like your previous email account, there will be a bit of a learning curve.
And I wouldn't be so worried about the scroll bar, it will show up we promise.
Don't leave SMC on account of gmail! Try doing a google search for some of your question/problems too. You are not the only one to have questions about how to use gmail.

Sean Troy
12-17-2014, 1:43 PM
Ray, check your private messages. Sean

Larry Browning
12-17-2014, 4:50 PM
I try to send a e-mail to myself BUT a message pop -up telling me to fix the email , they made feel stupid if I am stupid then I got no business being a member of sawcreek and I got no right to go on living if I am that stupid
Ray, I apologize if I have upset you. I am just trying to help. I think I will let the other members take it from here.

ray hampton
12-17-2014, 5:08 PM
Ray, take it easy man. Your last post sounds like the kid who goes home pouting with his ball. I don't mean any offense, and I know how frustrating it must be.

There is likely something very simple going on. Did you enter your email address in the form: name@gmail.com? And remember, gmail is not going to be exactly like your previous email account, there will be a bit of a learning curve.
And I wouldn't be so worried about the scroll bar, it will show up we promise.
Don't leave SMC on account of gmail! Try doing a google search for some of your question/problems too. You are not the only one to have questions about how to use gmail.

I have not try this yet but your @gmail. com might be the missing link , it will get try later today,I will be back after I eat supper

Matt Day
12-17-2014, 7:41 PM
Ray,
All emails need to be in the form of blank@gmail.com, or @hotmail.com, or @yahoo.com, etc.
that is until you use gmail and it learns your contacts then it will autofill the to: field.
This is pretty basic email stuff. Maybe you should try googling something like "how to use gmail". Results like this come up.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-8-jU_c_i8I
Lots out there. Again, you aren't the only one or there wouldn't be tutorials out there on it.

ray hampton
12-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Ray, I apologize if I have upset you. I am just trying to help. I think I will let the other members take it from here.

Larry, my post were not intend for you or the other SC members, the message that direct me to FIX the gmail COULD had been a computer-generate message , I do not alway know the different between a human that talk or a computer that talk