PDA

View Full Version : Woodwrights shop - the musical!

Bob Glenn
12-13-2014, 3:42 PM
Just finished watching Sir Roy this afternoon, going through his over laden tool box while Underhill Rose performed in the background. Without a doubt the most entertaining Woodwright Shop edition to date. This one's gonna be a classic.

Jim Koepke
12-13-2014, 5:06 PM
Sadly it is pledge week here in our area.

Looks like the next installment of Sir Roy isn't about a tool box.

Maybe I can see it on line.

jtk

Malcolm Schweizer
12-13-2014, 6:16 PM
Is he still doing shows? I gave up TV years ago, but recently gave in to Apple TV since it has no commercials. I may see if I can find his shows.

Marko Milisavljevic
12-13-2014, 9:57 PM
No need for a TV, I haven't had cable in years:

http://video.pbs.org/program/woodwrights-shop/

Malcolm Schweizer
12-14-2014, 5:29 AM
Wow, thanks. I have a lot of catching up to do! My wife will actually enjoy watching these with me. (I am blessed.)

Jim Koepke
12-28-2014, 11:52 AM
I couldn't find this episode on line.

It did finally get aired on the Portland, OR PBS station.

It was great. Heck I would even buy the soundtrack.

The members of the band are a lot easier on the eyes than Sir Roy.

jtk

Tony Zaffuto
12-28-2014, 1:39 PM
Saw it last week, and one of the most entertaining episodes ever. For those of us that have watched Roy since the beginning, it was almost bittersweet seeing his daughter all grown (remember episodes of building cradles, chairs & a row boat, with both of them) and now having a very, very talented band.

David Nelson1
12-28-2014, 9:53 PM
Thanks for sharing the link! The gals sure have an angelical tone!

Eric Brown
12-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I just watched the episode and they sound great. Roy did an excellent job of re-writing their songs to fit his Woodwrights Shop persona. They also have their own website where you can see their schedule. Their website is: http://www.underhillrose.com/

Roy did have a good message for us all though. Time to clean, sharpen and properly store our tools. It is also a good time to reduce the number of tools we have. I have a bunch to thin out.

Enjoy. Eric

John Crawford
12-28-2014, 11:57 PM
That was pretty charming, with the family connection. The songs were nice reworkings. Last time you will ever hear "novaculite" in a lyric.

Now, just waiting for someone to criticize his sharpening....