PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee's new little lantern/Flood light.

Bill Huber
12-12-2014, 6:56 PM
I was at Home Depot the other day and happened to see the Milwaukee lantern for the M12 system.

I like to keep a lantern of some type around for the times the lights go out, for years I have had a Colman one that took a ton of D batteries and was as big as a house. It worked but it was like it always needed batteries.

This little one is really nice, small 10 1/2" tall and weights in at 1 lb. without the battery and puts out 400 lumens.

It is really nice and puts out a bunch of light, you can have it set for 360° of light or just 180° of light. It has a USB plug on it so you can charge your phone if needed. You have 3 different light settings and a strobe setting.

So now I don't have to buy any more D batteries, just pop in one of my M12s and its up and working.

It is not cheap but it is made very well and has a 5 year warranty.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2362-20

Malcolm Schweizer
12-12-2014, 8:07 PM
Cool- I saw that too, and plan on getting one soon. We frequently have power outages, and I already have tons of the M12 stuff. The USB charger they sell is really good- I can charge an iPhone 1.5 times on one charge. I didn't realize this one had the USB. That makes it a nice little backup for power outages.

John McClanahan
12-12-2014, 8:24 PM
I've had my eye on one of those. Milwaukee claims it to have a good quality light, not the harsh blue-white light like many LEDs. CPO Tools has them on ebay for $67 and free shipping.

John

John McClanahan
12-12-2014, 8:27 PM
Well, I guess ebay is not the place to shop! Thanks, Bill!

Tom Stenzel
12-12-2014, 8:41 PM
Followed the Milwaukee link you left, Bill, if you act now you can be the first to rate it!

From the minister of propaganda:

TRUEVIEW™ High Definition Lighting utilizes the most advanced lighting technology to deliver true representation of colors, optimized color temperature, and even beam patterns all designed to improve productivity and safety.

Bill, how do you rate the color/quality of the light? Everything Milwaukee promises, really close, pretty darn good, or buncha hooey? I'm pretty much OK with LED lighting for the most part, for emergency lighting it would have to be really bad for me to care.

Somehow I've a feeling you're the same way about it. Good enough is good enough, lights that work when you need them are far better than promises!

-Tom

Kent A Bathurst
12-12-2014, 9:42 PM
TRUEVIEW™ High Definition Lighting utilizes the most advanced lighting technology to deliver true representation of colors, optimized color temperature, and even beam patterns all designed to improve productivity and safety.

Holy Light Source, Batman!! Ima havta get me at least 3 of those. Sub-optimized color temperatures have been my nemesis with battery-powered light sources for the past 2 or 3 decades. The uneven beam patterns, not so much - - my tin foil hat has pretty much put paid to the damage from them critters.

Thanks, Tom !!!

Bill Huber
12-13-2014, 9:14 AM
Followed the Milwaukee link you left, Bill, if you act now you can be the first to rate it!

From the minister of propaganda:

Bill, how do you rate the color/quality of the light? Everything Milwaukee promises, really close, pretty darn good, or buncha hooey? I'm pretty much OK with LED lighting for the most part, for emergency lighting it would have to be really bad for me to care.

Somehow I've a feeling you're the same way about it. Good enough is good enough, lights that work when you need them are far better than promises!

-Tom

It is a cool light, it is about like a florescent light, not really blue but it is cool, I would say around 4400k.