PDA

View Full Version : Text wont engrave

david ward
12-10-2014, 4:41 PM
I took a signature from a post card and wanted to engrave it. Using Trotec/coreldraw5. I sent to print from corel then tried to engrave it. Showed what I wanted printed but when printing there is no text. What did I do wrong?

Bill George
12-10-2014, 5:36 PM
You took a scanned image and tried to raster / engrave? My guess it took in the whole white and black or whatever. Whatever you want to engrave has to be black or converted to black, cropped and then exported to a BMP bitmap image. I don't think I am explaining correctly.... someone else will add to this.

Bert Kemp
12-10-2014, 5:39 PM
It would be nice if you could list your machine in your signature so we could give better advice.:) But you could try to convert it to a bit map, then save as a dxf and then send to laser . Or you could trace the signature then try to engrave it.

I took a signature from a post card and wanted to engrave it. Using Trotec/coreldraw5. I sent to print from corel then tried to engrave it. Showed what I wanted printed but when printing there is no text. What did I do wrong?

david ward
12-10-2014, 6:52 PM
i converted my picture to bmp. I croped my text signature and resized. Then sent to laser.

Bill George
12-10-2014, 7:43 PM
List your machine and post the picture.

Mark Sipes
12-10-2014, 9:58 PM
David has a 80 w Trotec not sure what model. If the image is in place when placed into job control it should engrave. I would look at the color parameters and make sure the image is set for raster.

Mike Null
12-11-2014, 7:20 AM
David

It's possible that your issue is in the color setting in Job Control. If you are on "color" try b&w or one of he other settings.

Kev Williams
12-11-2014, 11:36 AM
Not sure if the Trotec has a separate "photo" and "halftone" engraving setting like my LS900, but mine won't engrave dithered 1-color images using the halftone setting. The job will go to the machine, but it won't run. Actually, halftone won't engrave ANYthing that's been "pre-dithered", it wants 'raw' stuff. But photo mode will engrave anything...