PDA

View Full Version : What's Up with the new Grizzly Website?

Mike Hollingsworth
12-08-2014, 7:07 PM
Great look to the new website but no links to the pages in the catalog. It was great to see the next step up or down.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-08-2014, 7:26 PM
Lower right corner of the home page there is an area/link that says "Click Here To View Our Entire 2014 Catalog".

Michael Heffernan
12-08-2014, 8:01 PM
Links are there for the few items I clicked on. Lower left side of the item page, below the photo.

Bill Orbine
12-08-2014, 8:07 PM
I clicked on the big Grizzly on the upper header and to the left.

Mike Hollingsworth
12-08-2014, 8:17 PM
Lower right corner of the home page there is an area/link that says "Click Here To View Our Entire 2014 Catalog".

yeah, but before we had a direct link to the appropriate page in the catalog. seems no more.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-08-2014, 8:25 PM
Mike,

I looked at the G0490X jointer....Just below the purple hot button labeled "Purchase Parts"....there are two links where you can view the G0490X either in their annual or their Christmas catalog.

Does that fill your need? Are you looking at an item and then want to see it in catalog?

glenn bradley
12-08-2014, 8:32 PM
Still there for me too. Are you using a pad or something like that? Maybe it is just off the screen.

Jesse Busenitz
12-08-2014, 9:27 PM
i was trying to find their shop layout program and finally had to google it.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-08-2014, 9:31 PM
i was trying to find their shop layout program and finally had to google it.

There's a link at the bottom of the home page.

Peter Quinn
12-09-2014, 6:46 AM
I just did a little poking around as a curiosity from reading this post, seems whats up is a major functional upgrade, really smooth site now. Used to be rustic to be generous, now it flows beautifully, can modify search parameters in a given field. Like dust collectors....cyclone or bags? HP? etc. I check a few things randomly, DC, jointers, table saws, planers...all seem to have the links to the catalogue pages, not sure why thats critical given the level of info on the web pages and how easy they are to find now? In any event I'd them a few days if this is brand new, takes a bit of post production QA to nail all the details that go into a major remodel, sometimes you have to test as well as you can and pick a go live date, a link here and there may be missing? I'll gladly take that trade off given the quality improvements I'm seeing there. Very easy to navigate now IMO.

Mikail Khan
12-09-2014, 8:58 AM
I think they still have some bugs to sort out. When I went to my account I could not find a link to the last order I placed.

MK

Phil Barrett
12-09-2014, 2:04 PM
This is a huge improvement over the old one which was like an house that's been remodeled a few too many times without any thought as how it all fits together.

One problem is that now all my links into their site are broken. Not a big deal.

Comparisons seem to work a lot better now. I like they allow refinement as you drill down in a category. Search within results. lots of ways to refine the search. very much state of the art. Before it was kind of random. now it looks systematic.

It's still a work in progress with lots of little tweaks needed - for example refinements need to be listed by alpha, not by the number of items.

By the way, awesome sale price on the G0555LANV 14" bandsaw - $445 ($100 off)