PDA

View Full Version : Pic of Image Skew

Jim Priest
12-08-2014, 11:55 AM

This is the image showing the skew to the right that occurred on Speedy 300 using CorelDraw Suite X7 and JobControl 10.4

Gary Hair
12-08-2014, 5:21 PM
Does it do this every time you run this job? If so, is it in the exact same place? Is it only happening on this job? If it is random and not associated with a particular job then it's likely mechanical - encoder error is my guess. Clean the strip and run again.

Scott Shepherd
12-08-2014, 5:36 PM
No encoder strip on his machine. Looks like a glitch to me too. Something happened for sure. Something mechanical.

Gary Hair
12-08-2014, 5:47 PM
No encoder strip on his machine.

How does it track position?

Scott Shepherd
12-08-2014, 5:53 PM
I believe it's a rotary encoder inside the motor, all sealed up, but I'm not positive about that. I do know it doesn't have an encoder strip, or if it does, they are hiding it pretty good :)

Gary Hair
12-08-2014, 6:23 PM
I believe it's a rotary encoder inside the motor, all sealed up, but I'm not positive about that. I do know it doesn't have an encoder strip, or if it does, they are hiding it pretty good :)

Same with my Explorer ZX. Even though it's "sealed" inside the motor it will still get dirty. I found that out the hard way when I was engraving a bunch of wood posts with the front door open. Not much airflow and the dust got inside the motor and the encoder ring was filthy! It really takes a lot to foul it up but it's pretty likely given the picture. There is a plastic cap that snaps off to give access to the wheel. Blow it off with low pressure air, not enough to bend it, just enough to clean it. I sealed mine up with electrical tape after I cleaned it and it remains clean after about 4 years.

Kev Williams
12-08-2014, 6:33 PM
I've had stepper's jump on me for one reason or another-- but what's weird about this is that the laser connected both sides of the offset sections... the lines are faint, like about 1/3 the power of the other lines, but they're there. So it wasn't a 'jump', the laser was doing what it thought it was supposed to do...