PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
12-08-2014, 8:47 AM
8 Dec 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
My youngest son and I have been working on the old cedar chest restoration project. This thing has really seen a lot of hard times. Many of the old glue joints have turned loose and some of the end-joints have come apart. The good news is that we have almost finished putting all 4 sides of the chest back together with new glue joints that appear to be holding well.
The hard part for me is that this thing has been repaired a couple of times before and reworking what others have already fixed before is proving to be a real challenge.

Played bass guitar at church on Sunday and I am working on advancing my bass playing skills so that I can play true jazz bass. I expect this will take a lot of time in both study and practice.

Well, that's it for me...so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Phil Thien
12-08-2014, 9:02 AM
Got a bunch of stuff mounted to the walls in the bath at by daughter's house. Then my wife and I built a Christmas present (a wood six-pack tote with bottle opener she found in This Old House magazine). Also working on some wooden toys. We're recent quasi empty-nesters so we've been finding things we can make together.

Then I ported my LazyCam Z-Optimizer to the BASIC scripting language built into Mach3, so now when I load a LazyCam file it will automatically remove the extra Z travel that LazyCam generates between passes. I had previously written this in assembly but had to drop to a command-line to run it. The BASIC built into Mach3 isn't bad, I'm not a huge fan of BASIC, but...

Ralph Butts
12-08-2014, 12:45 PM
Good morning all,
Well Santa came a little early this year. I spent a good portion of the morning Saturday mounting and installing a 15 HP RPC. Upgraded my PM2700 to a new to me Felder F900. Spent most of Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning unpacking it and going through the commissioning steps. Still lots to figure out but a lot of fun in the shop this weekend. To top the weekend off I got to watch the Seahawks put a beat down on the Eagles. All in all a great weekend.

Jim Becker
12-08-2014, 1:45 PM
No shop time this weekend...IEA horse show weekend and I need to also get a ride in myself as well as attend to some body clipping of my horse to avoid having sweat issues. I also got some LED lamps installed in my Grand Cherokee Summit's fog light housings...so all my front lamps are the same 5K color value. It was also very unpleasant relative to the weather for me and it wasn't worth the expense to heat up the shop for the few minutes I would have had free to be out there. I just received the laser cut applique for my current tack trunk commission from Mike Null, so I absolutely will be in the shop next weekend working to finish things up...including finishing, as it were...so I can get it out the door and get started on whatever the next project will be. Likely some custom picture framing components as I have a lot of my daughter's artwork from her Sr year in HS to get mounted, framed and hung.

Chris Hachet
12-09-2014, 3:25 PM
Table I have been wanting to get done for forever is now sanded, stained, and awaiting its first coat of finish.

Acquired a new router bit and some Cherry for a new project I want to start. Also negotiated on some lumber for a workbench I want to build.

Also made a bunch of carpentry related home repairs.