PDA

View Full Version : Electrical wiring question

Scott Shepherd
12-06-2014, 9:04 AM
Quick question, can I plug a space heater into this.......? :eek:

John McClanahan
12-06-2014, 9:15 AM
You can plug in at least 3, from what I see.

Dick Latshaw
12-06-2014, 9:17 AM
Yes, but be sure to use a three prong plug.

Myk Rian
12-06-2014, 9:21 AM
I see room for 7 more.
Go for it.

Mike Cutler
12-06-2014, 9:33 AM
Hey,,,,, what are doing in my basement?:D

Plenty of room left for some space heaters. ;)

ken masoumi
12-06-2014, 9:56 AM
Before:

After:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeN8UlVPJ6o8L-bM6EYkAbftOQGWxw8UCv-PR_xDsmWAP80iLh

Bill Davis
12-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Only if there is space.....

for a space heater.

But you might be spaced out.....

Or end up in outer space.

paul cottingham
12-06-2014, 12:36 PM
Sure. As long as its your house!

Kent A Bathurst
12-06-2014, 2:44 PM
:eek: :eek:

Must have missed one of Jeff Foxworthy's jokes re: redneck electrical circuits.

Jim Koepke
12-06-2014, 2:47 PM
Either have the fire department on speed dial or hope they can see the smoke signal.

jtk

Rick Moyer
12-06-2014, 3:50 PM
I believe that may belong to Clark Griswold. Don't forget to turn on the switch for the Christmas lights.

Steve Schlumpf
12-06-2014, 5:04 PM
I can't believe that with all the electrical engineers we have here, not one of them mentioned that you can obviously plug in at least 7 power strips like these (http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/electrical-cords-outlet-adapters/extension-cords/surge-protector-and-power-strip-combo/p-2009863-c-6410.htm)! AND they come with the added benefit of having their own surge protector! What more could you ask for?? ;)

Duane Meadows
12-06-2014, 5:57 PM
Looks like the garage of an electrical inspector I knew. Long story!

John Coloccia
12-06-2014, 6:44 PM
I wouldn't waste money on a space heater and I don't imagine that heating the space will be a major problem in the near future.

Tell me you didn't actually find that on a job somewhere.

Lee Schierer
12-06-2014, 8:12 PM
Why do you need a space heater, there should be enough heat coming off the wires that are already there to warm up the room.

Ole Anderson
12-06-2014, 9:04 PM
Wait, a surge protector plugged into a surge protector? Isn't that like a double negative, so you are guaranteed a surge?

ken masoumi
12-06-2014, 9:38 PM
Either have the fire department on speed dial or hope they can see the smoke signal.

jtk
What if this was the electrical panel of the local fire department ?

Jerome Stanek
12-07-2014, 6:55 AM
Doesn't look like there is any overload there as each is connected to different breaker

tim morris
12-07-2014, 9:48 AM
Somebody mentioned the electrical inspectors house. I was in an architects house to look at a project a couple of years ago and most of the electrical work and consequently the plumbing was all done to this high standard! Needless to say we opted out of the project. He seemed to want everything on the cheap.

Tom Stenzel
12-07-2014, 11:36 AM
While youse guys are hooting it up...

Last night I went into the basement bathroom. Without touching anything, I went and got my camera.

Dunno where the family gets it from. I mean, other than the irrepressible urge I always have to juggle a space heater, a running chainsaw and a bottle of hydrofluoric acid while showering.

-Tom

Brian Elfert
12-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Last night I went into the basement bathroom. Without touching anything, I went and got my camera.

At least you have a GFI so hopefully nobody would get hurt if they did turn the water on.

Myk Rian
12-07-2014, 4:30 PM
:eek: :eek:

Must have missed one of Jeff Foxworthy's jokes re: redneck electrical circuits.
Watch it. My "Major fire" thread got deleted because someone took issue. Sensitive people around here.

Kent A Bathurst
12-07-2014, 5:16 PM
Watch it. My "Major fire" thread got deleted because someone took issue. Sensitive people around here.

I wondered why it went away. No info came from the Mods. Must have annoyed someone from Alabama, eh? Plus - in a differend thread, they vaporized my post about..........ummm...........hot-dog slicers wanting to take over the world market. Which, of course, was simply humorous satire, because no company would ever want to do that.

Fair enough - let's all strive to achieve a discourse level consistent with the lowest common denominator, as we sing Hosanna to all equipment manufacturers.

To our Estimable Moderators: What has been going on in the past few days? Feels like the yard markers have shifted, but need your comments, please.

Gonna hit the report button after Post, to see if you care to enighten us proles.

Jim Becker
12-07-2014, 5:46 PM
Why do you need a space heater, there should be enough heat coming off the wires that are already there to warm up the room.

This is the winning answer so far, IMHO! :D

Brian Elfert
12-07-2014, 6:17 PM

That thread went way off the rails and turned into people bashing different states and football teams. I thought it was mostly in fun, but apparently somebody got offended and complained.

Lee Schierer
12-07-2014, 8:11 PM
To our Estimable Moderators: What has been going on in the past few days? Feels like the yard markers have shifted, but need your comments, please.

To at least partially answer your question, there have been several posts in recent days that have been of a nature that crossed the fine line between being acceptable banter and being potentially insulting to a portion of our membership. While jokes with ethnic or slurs implying a lower form of intelligence may be considered acceptable in some circles, they are not tolerated here as they lead to disagreements and hard feelings. The TOS cover this pretty well, but when in doubt don't post it. Remember some of our viewers can be quite young and it isn't appropriate to have to explain slurs directed toward any population group, place of birth, school you attended or didn't attend or ethnicity.

The following section of the TOS is provided for your review. If you have any questions please feel free to PM any moderator with your questions. If your post disappears, you can also PM a moderator to inquire as to the circumstances.

2. Disagreements, Flaming, and Personal or Professional Attacks
- Disagreements are almost certain to occur but they should never escalate into confrontations. Members shall be respectful of dissenting opinions, remain civil, and refrain from name-calling, personal or professional attacks. Disrespect towards other SMC members, especially on a recurring basis, is grounds for suspension of SMC privileges. Messages that contain critical content must provide all factual information pertinent to the problem and enough data to support any claims or complaints. Remember, each person is legally responsible for the accuracy of their posts.

3. Profanity
- Our forums consist of members from all walks of life and their ages vary from mature to under the age of 18. Please consider your words and actions when posting. Messages that contain explicit, implied, vulgar, obscene language, or symbolic representation thereof, will be removed or edited at the discretion of the forum moderators or site administrators.

Kent A Bathurst
12-07-2014, 8:51 PM
Lee - your reply acknowledged. Thanks for that.

Follow up PM.

Kent

Bert Kemp
12-09-2014, 9:35 AM
You must have a teenage daughter :D
While youse guys are hooting it up...

Dunno where the family gets it from. I mean, other than the irrepressible urge I always have to juggle a space heater, a running chainsaw and a bottle of hydrofluoric acid while showering.

-Tom

Tom Stenzel
12-09-2014, 1:02 PM
You must have a teenage daughter :D

Wrong. I have TWO teenage daughters!

Spend a lot of time in the garage even though I don't accomplish much.

-Tom