PDA

View Full Version : print module error

Bert Kemp
12-05-2014, 11:23 AM
I still haven't figured out what this print module error is? or how to fix it.Anyone have any ideas as to what the error means or what caused it?301611

Pete James
12-05-2014, 3:58 PM
Bert,
You should call Rabbit, they should be able to provide the info you need.

John Bion
12-05-2014, 5:12 PM
Hi Bert,
I would agree with Pete, give Rabbit a call. My only thought here is whether you are using a Corel plug-in to send files to Lasercut? If so, try export as a dxf and import into Lasercut. I have never managed to get the Corel plug-in to work, even after using several computers and two versions of Corel and two laser machines. The Chinese “engineers” were unable to install and run it either. So if this is your problem, the export/import dxf is a good work-around. When you import into Lasercut, I import the bitmap image first, followed by the vector drawing.
Not sure I have helped at all.
Kind regards, John

Bert Kemp
12-05-2014, 6:13 PM
Yea guess I'll have to give them a call. I'm not using corel plugin, I do as you guys said, save as a dxf and then import to laser.

Hi Bert,
I would agree with Pete, give Rabbit a call. My only thought here is whether you are using a Corel plug-in to send files to Lasercut? If so, try export as a dxf and import into Lasercut. I have never managed to get the Corel plug-in to work, even after using several computers and two versions of Corel and two laser machines. The Chinese “engineers” were unable to install and run it either. So if this is your problem, the export/import dxf is a good work-around. When you import into Lasercut, I import the bitmap image first, followed by the vector drawing.
Not sure I have helped at all.
Kind regards, John

Kev Williams
12-05-2014, 9:12 PM
essentially, your 'print module error' means the program crashed. I get the same basic error except it says 'Lasersoft has stopped working'. The end result is the same, the program closes and you have to re-load.

As for the Corel plugin, I couldn't live without it. I do exactly the opposite of what everyone's saying. I do virtually everything in Corel, and then export it via the plugin. The ONLY thing I use the laser program for is to drive the laser, and to make small placement adjustments at times.

My methods, in case anyone cares:

I have a job saved in Corel that is simply a 1300 x 900mm table size, with the perimeter outlined 50% gray, at 24 points thickness so I know it's there. This is my "blank slate" There's usually 3 guidelines, representing my last top, left and right edge "zero" positions. Anything I'm going to laser in the Triumph gets done on this 'blank slate'.

First thing I usually do before anything else is verify today's exact zero starting point. I do this by drawing a small box (1/4" or so) where the upper left (or right) zero position should be. Then I move the box exactly .3" away from the 2 zero positions, then I run it on a scrap of something, then measure it. If needed, I adjust the guidelines to compensate.

Now I just do all my layout work in Corel, and position the work exactly where I want it, based on my zero positions. When I'm satisfied, I just click the plugin button and Voila, my graphics are now imported into the laser program, and they're positioned precisely where they were in Corel with no editing needed. This is why my 'blank slate' has the perimeter outlined: the outline also gets exported, and fits the 1300x900 layout in the laser program perfectly, and therefore everything within the outline remains where it was in Corel. So all I have to do is verify the graphic is correct, set power, speed, focus, and then run the job. As for the border, I usually just have the program ignore it.

If I'm going to laser something that's odd-shaped and I have to use the laser to find it's center rather than using the zero-points, no problem. Put the part where I'll be engraving it, find the center, then get the laser's head coordinates from the program. Then I put guidelines at these coordinates in Corel. I layout the work, center on the guidelines, export, engrave.

Other than small position tweaks once in a while, the laser program is nothing more to me than a 'print driver'. I applaud anyone who can actually use these programs to do any type of graphic work at all. I can't! :)

Bert: I have 3 versions of LaserSoft I've used, I'm using the newest version now. Two versions came with the machine, and I had to use the older version, because the newer version crashed a LOT. You might ask Rabbit if there's a newer- or older- version of your software.

Bert Kemp
12-06-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks Kev I pretty sure I'm running lasercut 5.3. its only givin this error once so I'm pretty sure its the design I did but can't figure out what I did. It ran fine the first time I ran it, then I noticed a spelling error and all I did was fix the spelling, then it would not load.It something for me and not important so when Ihave time I'll go back and try it again.

john passek
12-09-2014, 3:09 PM
Hi Bert
I have had this happen in CD, Have you re booted your computer since the error popped up.
My fix was to save and close everything, re boot and run the file again. it would usually run fine.

Dave Sheldrake
12-09-2014, 3:52 PM
It's the print module falling over trying to assign grid positions to splines.

Splines are not real positions that the laser reads, Lasercut converts them when compiling to vector points that it can read, too many of them (kinda like a divide by zero) and the module crashes.

cheers

Dave