PDA

View Full Version : Laser Tube

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-05-2014, 7:47 AM
Laser Tube going out? Does anyon know if there is anyone out there that leases lasers on short term basis. They tell us it is going to take three weeks to get our tube refurbished . . .

We knew we were having issues but we're hoping we could get through to the end of the year.

Bert Kemp
12-05-2014, 11:16 AM
It would be good if we had your location and type of equipment you need to lease. Would make it easier for people on the forum to make suggestions.

Kev Williams
12-05-2014, 11:37 AM
As for leasing, do you have checked to see if there's any places near you that sell the things? Google "engraving supplies" or "machining tools" and see if anything comes up. A place that sells them may have one they'll rent you for awhile.

Another option is to locate another place near you that does laser engraving and see if they can help you. A good many of my customers are other engravers...

Mike Null
12-05-2014, 11:54 AM
Zelma

You might call Mike Kowalczyk to see if he can handle some of your work. He's in Houston but I don't know what part. http://www.displayideas.com/

Jerome Stanek
12-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Are there any maker shops or tech labs in the area

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-05-2014, 5:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I had thought about contacting someone close but I really HATE to be a bother to someone that is already more than likely swamped.

@ Mike thank you for giving me Mike's name, we may have to call him. Right now we are turning people away, which is really not setting well with either of us.

Scott Shepherd
12-05-2014, 6:19 PM
Try calling your sales rep and see if he's got a demo machine he'll loan you, since it's their poor support that's causing you problems.

Gary Hair
12-05-2014, 7:47 PM
Try calling your sales rep and see if he's got a demo machine he'll loan you, since it's their poor support that's causing you problems.

EXACTLY!!! Even my 8 year old GCC Explorer has a tube that I can order today and have next day, 2nd at the worst...

Mike Null
12-06-2014, 8:21 AM
I believe I know the history of their machine and if it is still a GCC they had to wait 6 weeks for GCC to send a replacement and GCC was not an ideal supplier during any of the transaction.

Zelma, I have an agreement with one of my competitors to do his work and for him to do mine if we run into an issue such as you are facing. We have established an hourly rate.

Tony Lenkic
12-06-2014, 8:49 AM
Searching ebay I just came across a listing of laser recharge service in eastern USA, Conn.
Advertised price seams more than reasonable, may be worth looking into.
For more details in ebay search enter listing #121507082667

Bill George
12-06-2014, 9:00 AM
How much trouble would it be to list the Brand and Model of the machine???

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-31-2014, 10:12 AM
@Gary "Even my 8 year old GCC Explorer has a tube that I can order today and have next day, 2nd at the worst...", Gray where would you go to have your tube replaced this quickly. We have a GCC Explorer 60 watt.

James & Zelma Litzmann
01-01-2015, 9:19 AM
Can anyone give me some idea of how expensive having a laser tube rebuilt/refurbished is? It is a 60 watt.

Gary Hair
01-01-2015, 11:58 AM
Check with Kurt at LaserProNA. I just spoke with him about 3 weeks ago and he told me that he had most parts in stock for my laser and had 3 tubes at that time. not sure about 60 watt though.

Tell him I sent you.

Kurt Koser
Koser Enterprises, Inc.
(408)782-5122
866-4-LAZERS
kurt@koserentrerprises.com

@Gary "Even my 8 year old GCC Explorer has a tube that I can order today and have next day, 2nd at the worst...", Gray where would you go to have your tube replaced this quickly. We have a GCC Explorer 60 watt.