PDA

View Full Version : Jet table saw blade won't change

Matt Krusen
12-04-2014, 5:37 PM
Hey everyone. I just lost an entire evening worth of work because I was unable to change the blade on my table saw. I have a Jet model JPS-10TS. I have changed the blade hundreds of times and have never had an issue. I have my dado stack on the saw right now and need to switch back to my Forrest WW2. I raise the blade fully and depress the arbor lock button but when I go to loosen the arbor nut, the arbor and blade just keep spinning. It seems like the arbor lock isn't catching or isn't depressing fully. Anyone ever experienced this or have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for the help.

Phil Thien
12-04-2014, 5:47 PM
Sounds like a pin sheared or broke off, or fell out.

Just wedge a piece of wood between the dado and the saw opening somewhere (use it like a lever) and spin the nut off. In the olden days we didn't have any sort of locks, we just wedged the blade.

And you don't have to go crazy, light pressure to prevent the blade from spinning is all that is required.

Matt Krusen
12-04-2014, 5:50 PM
Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot Phil. Crisis averted. Now I'll have to use that sheared pin as a reason for my fiancé to let me get a new saw!

Garth Almgren
12-04-2014, 5:53 PM
If you weren't 2000+ miles away, I'd offer to take that broken down old saw off your hands for you - no charge! ;)

bill tindall
12-04-2014, 6:34 PM

Justin Ludwig
12-04-2014, 6:35 PM
If you're shearing the arbor lock pin, you're righting the nut too tight. Blade rotation and torque is always in a direction that would not spin an arbor nut loose. Left tilt saw is normal thread, right tilt is reversed. I broke two pins on my PM2000 before I did research to figure out I was the one making the mistake.