PDA

View Full Version : corel question

Don Corbeil
12-04-2014, 1:29 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to take a powerclip pattern (3D fishscale) and stitch it together to fill a large background area for a plaque I'm engraving. When I use 'step and repeat' to align the multiple powerclips, it leaves a visible border line between the various segments, as shown. How can I make this pattern fill a larger area without these breaklines showing? I have also tried importing the pattern to a pattern fill, and using fill command, but it does not line up correctly. I do not want to scale up the pattern to fit, as I need the scale as it is.

Thanks -

David Rust
12-13-2014, 9:35 AM
Don,
Break the fish scale pattern up so that you have individual scales (or create a single scale with a fill pattern). Create a row of scales and group. Then start building your rows on top of each other. Group every row you stack and use it for the next stack. It will build up pretty quick. I've done this before for gun stocks. Then power clip the final pattern into whatever shape you need.

Dave

Glen Monaghan
12-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Looks like the pattern has a thin black border at either the top or the bottom (or both) so that it doesn't "tile" seamlessly. Not sure where you got the pattern, but can you open it in your favorite paint program and either clean up the border or crop off the top/bottom to make a properly tiling pattern?

Don Corbeil
12-15-2014, 6:12 PM
thanks guys for your input. For some reason that annoying black border doesn't show up when I edit the bitmap, so I started over and took it down to a single scale then saved it again as a color pattern. This time it worked, and I have no seams!