PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom 5.6

Jerry Thompson
12-03-2014, 6:49 PM
I have Nik plugins that are supposed to, as I understand, be accessible in LR. I have read that they attach them selves automatically. That didn't happen. I have read directions that relate to nothing I see in the program to create them as plug-ins. Anyone?

Thank you,

Jerry

Jim Becker
12-04-2014, 1:23 PM
Adobe generally provides the latest RAW and camera/lens information as they upgrade Lightroom. My copy (MacOS) was just upgraded to 5.7 a few days ago and the release notes specifically state this. For plug-ins, there may be a procedure to "install" them into Lightroom...all of those I have acquired had to be installed in some manner. Once they are installed, they should stay there, even when Adobe updates the application.

The FAQ for NIK has information related to your specific question:

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/topic/3001474?hl=en&ref_topic=2991629

Jerry Thompson
12-04-2014, 3:34 PM
Thanks Jim. I think my Nik bundle is corrupted. One part shows up but I still am at a loss on how to get it in action once I am in light room. The others plugins did not work correctly in PE11. I guess I will delete all the programs and do a clean install.

Jim Becker
12-04-2014, 6:04 PM
You may want to re-download it, too, Jerry.

BTW, that's a nice package of plugins! 'Gonna have to count my pennies one of these days... ;)

Jerry Thompson
12-04-2014, 7:09 PM
Mine cost around $75. The HD plugin only works in Lightroom. Send me a PM and I will send you the URL that has several programs much cheaper. Once you get Nik you can go to the Google site and update it. At present they work on Photoshop but I don't know up to what edition. They only work on Photo Shop Elements up to 12. 13 is just out so that should change.