PDA

View Full Version : Extension Rails for a Grizzly G0715P?

Marty Tippin
12-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm wondering if there is a rail extension kit of some kind for the Grizzly G0715P table saw - from the factory, I only get about 33" rip width and would like to extend that. The G0691 table saw comes with a 50" rail system -- I wonder if it's possible to buy the rails and extension table as spare parts from Grizzly and fit them to the G0715P?

Any other ideas?

Earl McLain
12-02-2014, 6:46 AM
Looks like it shares the fence as the 0691, if so then the long rails for the 0691 should work but i'd call Grizzly to be sure. According to the parts list, those long rails are $144.00 and $172.50, with a guide tube at $179.50. Can't tell if the stock rails would work with the long guide tube, but if you need all 3 it's almost $500 before shipping, with no extension table. That's a pretty good start on an Incra or Vega system.
earl

Marty Tippin
12-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Is the Delta / Biesemeyer fence system usable on non-Delta saws? I'm specifically wondering about this http://www.deltamachinery.com/products/table-saws/item/bc50t2

Seems like this is an item I could add to my current saw and take with me if I upgrade to something bigger or newer one of these days.

Earl McLain
12-02-2014, 2:02 PM
I agree with your thinking that an aftermarket fence is a separate tool from the table saw, and that you could indeed transfer to a different saw. That T-2 is a nice fence, nearly bought it instead of the Incra TS-LS. The holes in the T-2's angle might not line up with your saw, so at worst there would be the drilling of either the fence rail or the saw table/wings. That was part of why i went the Incra rout--the mounting brackets can be placed where existing holes are, and i wasn't comfortable with the thought of drilling my table!!
earl

Curt Harms
12-03-2014, 7:52 AM
I'm wondering if there is a rail extension kit of some kind for the Grizzly G0715P table saw - from the factory, I only get about 33" rip width and would like to extend that. The G0691 table saw comes with a 50" rail system -- I wonder if it's possible to buy the rails and extension table as spare parts from Grizzly and fit them to the G0715P?

Any other ideas?

Is there any possibility of just buying steel tubing for the front, angle iron for the back and replacing those parts of your existing fence?

glenn bradley
12-03-2014, 8:25 AM
Seems I responded to this thread already(?), hemmm. At any rate, I moved my front tube to the right one set of holes and gained 10" of rip capacity. This turned my mostly too short 30" rip into a mostly long enough 40" rip.

Earl McLain
12-03-2014, 8:41 AM
Seems I responded to this thread already(?), hemmm. At any rate, I moved my front tube to the right one set of holes and gained 10" of rip capacity. This turned my mostly too short 30" rip into a mostly long enough 40" rip.

That's almost too simple and cost-effective!! I've done that with my 32" Incra fence rails as well when needed--don't know why i didn't think of it for Marty!!
earl

Marty Tippin
12-03-2014, 9:44 AM

Well, there's an idea I hadn't thought of... Are you still able to do narrow rips or did you lose some of that capacity?