PDA

View Full Version : Newbie UK

Gary Walker69
11-30-2014, 3:21 AM
Hi all,

First, I am a total newbie to the world of engraving/cutting, its something that i have wanted to do for quite a long time.Last month i had the chance of getting one of the cheap chinese laser cutters extremely cheap. I did a lot of research and read most of the posts on here regarding the issue that people have with the units.
To my surprise there was no issues with the unit, no screws loose, the mirrors were reasonably aligned etc.
As with most users my issue is with the software (Moshidraw 2014), I seem to be able to get the basics going, i appear to have problems with the location and alignment of the intended graphic/text, I know the cutting bed is not very good and doesn't allow mass expanse of room for the engraving/cutting.
Does anyone have any moshdraw 2014 models that they could share with me, just as to get an insight of setting up the work area within the software please or any easy ideas how you can relate the settings in the sofyware to theactual position of the head?

Any help gratefully received

Gary

John Bion
11-30-2014, 8:34 AM
Hi Gary, welcome from North Yorks!
I can't help with Moshidraw at all. Do you have an alternative cad program like Coreldraw, or perhaps even a freeby one? If so can you not do your drawings in this, export as a dxf and import into Moshidraw? This is the method most Chinese laser owners use. Sent you a PM too.
Kind regards, John

Gary Walker69
12-09-2014, 3:38 PM
Hi John, Cheers for the reply
Sorry for delay but im a field service eng so not at home much.
Managed to get Corel X5 along with the Moshi link - works a treat, a lot better than moshi draw.
I also printed out an A4 size cm2 graph paper which i have fixed in the bottom, makes it easier to line up now.
Only had a couple of go's with it but seem to be making good progress

Gary