PDA

View Full Version : My first attempts

Tony Sizemore
07-17-2005, 6:57 PM
Ok here we go… I had a slow week in the shop last week so I had some time PLAY!!!!

I finished up the last two this morning and was happy with what I got. They are numbered in the order I turned them. I would love some input from you all. I am struggling with a couple tech, but I am getting better.

Thanks for looking.

Ed Lang
07-17-2005, 8:45 PM
I don't think you are having any trouble at all. Maybe you should come over and help me!

I like them all.

Tony Sizemore
07-17-2005, 9:03 PM
Thanks Ed. I am trying to get the inside thing going. I have done some spindle turning for work so the outside surface is not so hard but when it come to getting the inside sooth, and uniformed that is different thing to me. I have only had the one class on BASCI bowl turning so I am still trying to learn how to us the tools correctly and then there is finishing…. I will not go there yet.

Thank you so much for the kind words.

Bye the way. If coming over to help you means I get to us the new toy… Your ON!!! J

John Hart
07-18-2005, 5:01 AM
Yeah Tony...I think I need some instruction too. Those are very nice. I especially like #3.

Jim Ketron
07-18-2005, 6:26 PM
Nice Job Tony! If you dont have it already, Bill Grumbine has the best Bowl turning DVD out IMO.