PDA

View Full Version : Forrest blades, Canadian distributors?

Benjamin Wooten
11-29-2014, 6:11 AM
Any fellow Canucks know of Canadian distributors of Forrest blades that sell the products milled for Euro sliding tablesaws (Hammer etc.)? Or, do you just get the blades from Lee Valley and have a third party mill them to spec?

I'm having trouble finding a company in-country here, and would prefer avoiding the extra fees for shipping in from the States...

Thanks!

Craig Hoehn
11-29-2014, 6:57 AM
I think you would be better off just buying from Felder or FS Tool to avoid risking damaging a new blade by trying to machine it. FS Tool makes good stuff and have a lot of selection.

Jim Andrew
11-29-2014, 7:47 AM
You might try Carbideprocessors.com, I bought blades for my Hammer tablesaw from them, Tenryu brand, fantastic cuts.

Benjamin Wooten
12-01-2014, 7:51 AM
Thank you both for your replies, I appreciate it!

Rod Sheridan
12-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Any fellow Canucks know of Canadian distributors of Forrest blades that sell the products milled for Euro sliding tablesaws (Hammer etc.)? Or, do you just get the blades from Lee Valley and have a third party mill them to spec?

I'm having trouble finding a company in-country here, and would prefer avoiding the extra fees for shipping in from the States...

Thanks!

I buy my blades from FS Tools.

I also had them bore my old blades to fit................Rod.