PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Finds??

Rich Riddle
11-28-2014, 8:15 AM
Have any of you braved the morning and gone shopping for any Black Friday items? I know Rockler has an ad, but for many of us in here we already have most the tools they offer, or better ones than they offer. Sears tools have been diminishing on Black Friday ads. So, what did you get?

Bill Orbine
11-28-2014, 8:25 AM
I found my bed.....went back to sleep! Seriously....I look at Black Friday to be a month long event. Plenty of time!

Keith Outten
11-28-2014, 8:48 AM
https://us.feldershop.com

http://www2.lagunatools.com/EBLAST/CNCBLACKFRIDAY2014

Tim Offutt
11-28-2014, 9:01 AM
Makita 18 volt batteries at Home Depot. Two for $99, half the normal cost. Bought them with gift cards that I got with my company Amex membership reward points, so really free to me. Bought four total, good day for me.

glenn bradley
11-28-2014, 10:10 AM
The Jet clamps at half price were tempting but, I am pretty set on the sizes offered. I hope anyone who has been holding off on parallel clamps due to price went for some. Woodcraft had some non-clutch 12" f-style clamps at $4 each, a good price on the SuperNova chuck, jaws and the other usual suspects.

John Coloccia
11-28-2014, 10:16 AM
I think I can get free overnight shipping and 20% off a batch of circuit boards I have to order for my business. I forgot all about it, actually, so I'm glad someone mentioned this.

I'm not venturing out to do shopping, though. That'd be crazy.

Peter Kelly
11-28-2014, 10:28 AM
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/cyms.aspx?c=

Check back on Monday...

Rich Harkrader
11-28-2014, 10:32 AM
I picked up the Ridgid trim router and a 1/4 sheet palm sander from Home Depot for 99 bucks, which is what the trim router normally costs by itself. So essentially I got the palm sander free.

Brian Elfert
11-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Makita 18 volt batteries at Home Depot. Two for $99, half the normal cost. Bought them with gift cards that I got with my company Amex membership reward points, so really free to me. Bought four total, good day for me.

I thought seriously about buying these Makita batteries, but I decided I already have three batteries and half the time I can't find all three of them anyhow. Two of my batteries were new less than six months ago. If I change my mind today I go by HD on my way home.

I went to Home Depot, Walmart, and Kohls this morning. I had an online order for a 99 cent Wink Hub to pick up at HD plus I bought a set of Bosch spade bits there. Home Depot wasn't terribly busy. Walmart is across the street so I bought some groceries. (The crowds were long gone at Walmart.) I thought it wouldn't be a problem to shop at Kohls 13 hours after they opened, but the checkout line was 20 minutes or more so I gave up and didn't buy anything. Everything was for me as my family doesn't do gifts anymore.

Dan Rude
11-29-2014, 3:01 AM
I waited too long on the Black Friday ad for Rockler on line. I was at work and my phone was too slow to get the Jet Clamp Cabinet makers set. I had it in my cart and by the time I had another break, they were gone. Found another site through the Jet flyer though. International Tool Corp. , they had jet clamps on sale 50% off. Had to go over a $99 to get the free shipping. 3 31" & 2 24". I didn't find many others that had Jet deals. After last year when I was shorted one on Amazon because I thought I had 2 in the order, but the only sold me one. http://www.jettools.com/us/en/c/woodworking-clamps/141/?Filter=1&Reset=true Dan

Rich Engelhardt
11-29-2014, 8:21 AM
Yep two items from Home Depot (three if you count the fire pit my wife bought for $39).
The 12V Milwaukee drill/impact driver set w/an extra extended run battery for $99 and a 22 foot Werner folding extension ladder for $125.
I really needed the ladder badly. It's rated for 300#. My old 20 foot extension ladder is only rated for 225# and I pretty much destroyed that by using it to paint a house in October and dragging my 295# fat old butt up on it.

The line outside Home Depot at 4:30 am, waiting for them to open at 5:00am - in 15 degree cold, was the typical jovial happy Black Friday crowd.
Honestly - I shake my head all the time when I hear horror stories about pushing/shoving/rude people on Black Friday.
I have yet to see anything even close to that at Home Depot, Sears and/or Lowes or even Wal Mart.

Brian Elfert
11-29-2014, 10:08 AM
I missed out on a Tivo Roamio for $109.99 on Amazon by a minute or two. The page was still showing $109.99, but when I clicked to add to cart the price had gone back up to $149.99. I've been looking at getting one for a while now and was finally going to pull the trigger. The Roamio itself is the cheap part since you need to buy service from Tivo as well, but I could eventually save by not renting a DVR from Comcast.

Matt Meiser
11-29-2014, 10:26 AM
I've got one of the Milwaukee 12v sets purchased and waiting for pickup via HomeDepot.com. Over half the stores in Metro Detroit and Toledo still have them. I have the Makita already but the extra battery and the fact I've been wanting to buy a small impact wrench which Makita only sells in a kit make an upgrade worth it.

David Weaver
11-29-2014, 10:47 AM
100 small vintage cut nails for $3.

Scott Brihn
11-29-2014, 11:41 AM
Bosch 12" Glide Saw (GSM12SD) from Lowes.com for $549.

Dave Lehnert
11-29-2014, 1:34 PM
I noticed this year some stores had their Black Friday deals out early, only advertised them this week.
I picked up my deals 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Friday morning was spent relaxing at home.

Brian Elfert
11-30-2014, 7:56 PM
I ended up ordering the two pack of Makita 18 volt LXT batteries from Home Depot this morning. I tried to buy them last night at a Home Depot I was passing by, but they said they all sold on Friday. I called a few other Home Depot stores, but they were also sold out. Homedepot.com was sold out last night, but they had them again for a while this morning.

I am going to sell an extra Makita impact driver, an old, but working, battery, and an extra charger after the new year to offset some of the cost. There are times I can use four batteries so I don't have to swap them around. Three in tools and one in the charger. My cordless tools get quite the workout when I help out at the local Scout camp.

Garth Almgren
12-02-2014, 1:33 AM
I thought it wouldn't be a problem to shop at Kohls 13 hours after they opened, but the checkout line was 20 minutes or more so I gave up and didn't buy anything.
That's pretty typical for Kohl's, in my experience. I'm really not sure how they manage to stay in business between all their merchandise constantly being on sale or clearance, apparent apathy towards theft protection (I don't go there very often, but when I do I usually see someone walking out the doors with merchandise they haven't paid for), and lack of staffing (one checker no matter how long the lines are, and you rarely can find anyone on the floor if you have questions).

Brian Elfert
12-02-2014, 2:44 AM
That's pretty typical for Kohl's, in my experience. I'm really not sure how they manage to stay in business between all their merchandise constantly being on sale or clearance, apparent apathy towards theft protection (I don't go there very often, but when I do I usually see someone walking out the doors with merchandise they haven't paid for), and lack of staffing (one checker no matter how long the lines are, and you rarely can find anyone on the floor if you have questions).

I shop at Kohls several times a year for myself and rarely is there ever more than one person in line at the cashier. No, there aren't very many employees on the floor, but that is part of why the clothes are fairly inexpensive. This isn't a Men's store selling $1000 suits with salespeople waiting on every shopper.

I don't know if they have a shoplifting problem as I don't pay that much attention to those exiting the store.

Jack Lemley
12-02-2014, 8:22 AM
(Actually a cyber monday sale) Picked up a 10" Bosch Glide Saw at Zoro for $538, free shipping and no sales tax.

John Sanford
12-03-2014, 12:10 AM
(Actually a cyber monday sale) Picked up a 10" Bosch Glide Saw at Zoro for $538, free shipping and no sales tax.

I came darn close to picking up the 12". I figured I would have gotten it for $495 + tax. Lowes has 'em for $549, HD for $599, with HD's price guarantee, it would have been $549 - 10%.

The only things I actually got on BF were two 4x8 sheets of 3/4" OSB, some screws (which are going back, turned out I didn't need 'em), a few more pieces of 1x3 and 1x4 furring strips, another pair of Channellock Ironworker's Pliers at Ace (50% off), a folding utility knife, and a 6 piece set of the new ish DeWalt one handed clamps at HD. I hoped to get the Milwaukee 12v set, but the HD near me was out of 'em by the time I wandered in after lunch.